Hridaya Teacher Training Course
- Hridaya Teacher Training Course 2022: September 23–December 16, 2022
- Location: Hridaya Yoga Mexico
- Application deadline: April 30
- Full payment deadline: August 12
- Prerequisites: Participation in two on-site 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats and completion of Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 2 is required before enrollment
The Hridaya Teacher Training Course (HTTC) is a systematic and comprehensive approach to meditation and Hatha Yoga.
- Over 600 hours of meditation and Hatha Yoga teacher training (the HTTC is registered Yoga Alliance, following their standards for 500-hour teacher trainings)
- Over 900 pages of instructional materials, including booklets for each course month, an anatomy and physiology booklet, and an asana guidelines booklet
- An HTTC Graduate Kit, which contains an advice and recommendations booklet, inspiring e-books by Ramana Maharshi, audio files of HTTC lectures, PowerPoint presentations to accompany the lectures, audio and video recordings of an entire 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat, and other useful materials
- Comprehensive anatomy and physiology classes
- Training in Hridaya Yoga teaching methodology and approaches
- Practicum training—3 practice teaching sessions for each participant
- Hridaya Retreat training—participation in two 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats led by Sahajananda
- Individual evaluation and coaching from Sahajananda
- Group coaching with experienced Hridaya teachers
- Experiments and meditations with a brain machine
- Participation in an individual 36-hour Dark Room Retreat
Successful completion of this 500-hour course grants participants permission to teach Hridaya Meditation and Hatha Yoga anywhere, with support materials and guidance provided.
- A survey of the main meditation traditions throughout history
- The ABCs of meditation: meditation postures, mudras, the importance of stretching and relaxation, practical guidelines, benefits, etc.
- Pranayama for calming the mind
- An extensive presentation of and practical guidance in several types of meditation, including Self-Inquiry meditation, mahamudra, and walking meditation
- The stages of deep meditation according to the Buddhist tradition
- The spiritual benefits of Dark Room Retreats from the Advaita Vedanta perspective
- Extensive explanations of Ramana Maharshi’s teachings, including Self-Inquiry, the Spiritual Heart, Bringing the “I”-feeling back to its source, and sphurana
- The metaphysical principles and basic concepts of Hridaya Yoga
- Commentaries on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- The criteria for identifying different states of samadhi and the proper attitudes to experience them
- The study of the effects of physical and subtle light (phosphenes)
- An exploration of Advaya Taraka Upanishad, the relationship between Light and Consciousness
- The connection between brainwaves and states of consciousness
- Studies on awareness during sleep
- The four states of consciousness according to yoga
- Cultivating the proper attitudes for a life full of enthusiasm and joy and how to transform daily life into an appropriate tool for Self-revelation
- Techniques to increase concentration and develop awareness
- Methods to awaken the Heart
- Ways to develop creativity and intuition
Schedule, Food, and Accommodation
HTTC classes are held six days per week, Monday to Saturday, approximately 8.5 hours per day. During the two silent meditation retreat periods, the schedule is approximately hours 10 per day for 10 days straight.
Vegan food is served in our dining room daily and a variety of meal plans are available for purchase. The communal eating area is open for everyone to enjoy meals together.
On-site accommodations are not available for the 2022 HTTC. Please visit this page for off-site accommodation options.