When joining us at the Hridaya Yoga Center, we ask that you be aware of our payment and refund guidelines. These guidelines exist in order for us to harmoniously offer the teachings of the Spiritual Heart to as many people as possible. As space in both our courses and accommodations is limited, we require advance notice in the case that your plans change and you must cancel your enrollment. Thank you for mindfully planning your visit with us.
In order to ensure a smooth trip, we recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Online payments are accepted in U.S. dollars via PayPal. Cash payments are only accepted in Mexican pesos. When paying in cash, the amount due will be calculated based on the dollar to peso exchange rate in effect on the date of payment. We update the exchange rate at the beginning of every monthly course cycle.
To confirm a reservation, the following payment guidelines apply:
- At booking, a non-refundable deposit of $50 USD is required.*
- 50% of the total booking fees must be paid at least 14 days before arrival.
- The remaining balance is due upon arrival. Final payments may be made in U.S. dollars via PayPal or in cash in Mexican pesos.
* Does not apply to Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats in Spanish, as they are donation-based. To read our payment guidelines for Spanish-language retreats, please visit this page.
Should you cancel your reservation, refunds or credits will be issued according to the following schedule:
Cancellation at least 14 days before check-in:
- 100% refund of any fees paid, minus deposit (note that in some instances a PayPal service fee may be applied).
Cancellation 0 to 13 days before check-in:
- 25% of all fees paid will be kept as an administrative surcharge and a credit for the remainder will be issued.
Cancellation after check-in:
All courses attended/nights stayed/meals eaten will be charged and a credit of 50% of the remaining booking total will be issued. However, please note the following exceptions and clarifications to this policy:
- There are no credits issued for canceled accommodation during Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats except in cases of medical emergency.
- When withdrawing from the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive, you may choose to receive a credit per the guidelines above or you may make up any missed classes at a later time.
- There are no course fee credits issued for Modules 2 and up once a course has started, but any classes missed may be attended at a later time.
- There are no refunds or credits for workshops once the course has started.
- Except in cases of medical emergency, there are no credits issued for workshop or meditation retreat course fees once the course has started.
- Credits will not be issued for meal plan cancellations during Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats except in cases of medical emergency.
- There are no credits issued for the cancellation of weekly meal passes except in cases of medical emergency.
- Monthly meal passes may be canceled with six days’ notice. All consumed meals plus meals during the six-day period notice will be charged. Fees paid for the remaining meals will be converted to credit.
Dark Room Retreats
- After check-in, there are no refunds or credits issued for canceled Dark Room Retreats except in cases of medical emergency.
- In some cases, we may consider it necessary to ask a student to conclude their Dark Room Retreat early. In these instances, a credit for 100% of the remaining fees for meals and accommodation will be issued.
- Credits are valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Credits are only redeemable in Mazunte.
- Credits may be transferred to a friend.
Please note that Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We are committed to offering our courses at accessible rates while still acknowledging the significant financial needs of running a full-time yoga and meditation center. Our regular price is what it actually costs to run our center and provide our programs.
If you cannot pay the regular price due to financial hardship, we offer a low-income discount. When you apply for this discount, you are attesting that you have need and are truthfully representing your financial situation. A student once told us, “It’s so great that you have a low-income discount. Now I will have more money to pay for my trip to Cancún.” This is not the spirit in which the discount is offered. Another student accepted the low-income discount because he did not have an income at the time, but we later found out he had over $100,000 USD in savings. This is also not the spirit of the low-income discount.
The value of the teachings offered at Hridaya Yoga cannot be quantified in material terms. And, we would propose that skimping on paying for spiritual teachings is not conducive to your practice. So, before you request the low-income discount we ask that you thoughtfully evaluate your financial situation. If the discount is required, please complete this application form. If you genuinely have need, we will be happy to extend the discount to you. Just ask for it in truthfulness and integrity and it will be granted.
We also recognize that some people have the funds to allow them to support the spiritual work of those with fewer financial resources. So, we welcome donations. All “supporting price” donations will be used to assist us in offering discounts to needy students. Please consider whether you can give more in order to support the practice of everyone in our community, regardless of financial situation.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat, Module 1 Intensive:
- Your first day of Module 1 is free!
- Fees for one day of Module 1 include two hatha yoga classes and an evening lecture.
- All Module 1 students must sign in prior to each class attended.
- To receive the Module 1 graduation certificate you must: have attended a minimum of 16 full days (all 3 classes each day) and have paid in full for the entire course (21 days).
- When space is available, graduates of Module 1 may repeat classes on a donation basis.
- New students enrolled in Module 1 receive a complimentary printed course booklet.
- In addition to the booklet of daily course papers, a book of Module 1 evening lectures is available for purchase at the Registration Kiosk and on Amazon.com.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat, Modules 2 and Up:
- Beginning in Module 2, full payment for the entire course is required upon registration.
- The course fee for each module includes a booklet of course papers.
- To graduate from Module 2, you must have attended at least 10 full course days.
- To graduate from Modules 3 and up, you must have attended a minimum of 8 classes.
- Students may repeat classes in any Hridaya Module from which they have graduated on a donation basis. Note that attendance of Module classes as a repeating student depends on availability.
- Students who attend workshops at the Hridaya Yoga Center may repeat the same workshop when offered again for a 50% reduction in price. (For example, if you attended the Art of Awareness workshop in February 2017, you may repeat it in February 2018 for half-price.) Please note that this discount applies only to workshops first attended in Mazunte and is based on availability. If you qualify, please email us for the workshop repeaters’ discount code.