Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat
Dive into Service
At Our Center in Mazunte, Mexico
Experience the Joy of Acting from the Heart
If you are longing to deepen your practice of selfless service, we invite you to apply for the Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat at our center in Mazunte, Oaxaca. This residential course offers you a full immersion into our community and teachings while you learn to perform every action from a space of awareness, detachment, and love—the path of Karma Yoga. You’ll participate in daily yoga and meditation sessions, engage in our active community life, and practice serving from the Heart.
Karma Yoga has a special position and significance among all fundamental kinds of yoga. The “Yoga of Action” is a path that links all the other forms of yoga. It creates an essential connection between formal practice and daily life. It is a way of bringing presence, sacredness, and spiritual significance to every moment. All other kinds of yoga rely on Karma Yoga because action is not something that can be avoided in the material world.
The Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat unfolds over a period of 3 course cycles. This allows you the spaciousness for introspection, purification, and transformation through Self-Inquiry.
- Participation in 1 Hridaya Hatha Yoga Module
- Participation in 1 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- Experiential workshops on the meaning of meditation in action
- Hands-on workshops and training in conscious food preparation and serving
- Opportunities to foster spiritual development through community participation (devotional singing evenings, community gatherings, etc.)
- Practicing meditation in action while engaged in a variety of tasks. These may include:
- Food preparation and serving
- Housekeeping and general maintenance activities
- Community service and outreach projects
- Welcoming participants in workshops and retreats
- Monthly sharing circles on yogic living
- Discussions on and techniques for integrating daily life into the practice of Karma Yoga
The practice of Hridaya Meditation and Hatha Yoga is the foundation of our community. As it’s most harmonious to experience the Hridaya teachings prior to committing to the Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat, you must complete the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive before applying. We also encourage prior participation in a 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat. Both courses are offered at our centers in Mexico and France.
We align with the traditional yogic view that inner transformation blossoms from consistent spiritual practice. Hridaya Meditation is a form of Self-Inquiry and is our primary tool to reconnect with the infinite depth and intimacy of our being.
While living in our community may in itself appeal to you, we believe that the purification of the subconscious mind, psychological healing, and spiritual freedom arise from regular spiritual practice. Therefore, before applying to the Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat, please contemplate your commitment to participating in all aspects of the program, including formal meditation and Hatha Yoga sessions. When you reconnect with the Heart, such a commitment becomes effortless and natural, bringing stability and trust in your real Self.
Participating in this course is a unique opportunity to learn authentic approaches to meditation and Hatha Yoga in a safe and nurturing environment. If you don’t feel a calling for inner transformation, please don’t apply. It would be a pity to take the place of someone who is genuinely yearning for such an experience.
Pricing and Application
Admission to this course is by application and offered for a fee of $288 USD, including meals and dormitory accommodation.
If you are firm in your commitment to transformation and feel inspired to join us, please apply via the link below. Note that admission is by course session and applications generally open four months in advance of each program.
|January 2 – May 15, 2023||Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat|
|May 15 – September 18, 2023||Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat|
|September 18, 2023 – January 8, 2024||Karma Yoga Immersive Retreat|
- Before applying, please read more about Karma Yoga: Acting with Awareness, Detachment, and Love.
- We receive many applications for this course and have limited space available. We aspire to respond to all applicants promptly, but sometimes our answers may be delayed.