Karma Yoga Immersion Course
An 8-Week Journey Embracing
Self-Inquiry and Earth Stewardship
March 17–May 12, 2024
with Claudiu Vaduva*
In Longeval, France
Embark on a Spiritual and Ecological Odyssey
in the Spirit of Ramana Maharshi
Join us for a transformative 8-week journey that marries the timeless wisdom of Ramana Maharshi’s teachings on Self-Inquiry with the hands-on experience of permaculture. The Karma Yoga Immersion Course invites you to dive into the heart of service, connecting with the essence of existence through altruistic love and mindful action.
At the core of this program are the non-dual teachings of Hridaya Yoga. This course is an intimate celebration of life aimed at those with a sincere longing for truth and freedom. Through practices like Self-Inquiry (atma vichara), meditation, and Hatha Yoga, you’ll explore the depths of awareness, building a foundation on four pillars:
- Deep trust in the Heart, grounded in understanding and experience.
- Anchoring in the sacredness of the Heart Center.
- Recognition of the “I am”-feeling.
- Constant awareness of the present moment.
Integrating the practice of Karma Yoga within our permaculture team, you’ll engage in a variety of outdoor tasks that foster a deep connection with Mother Earth. Our hands-on approach includes establishing gardens, caretaking our land, and participating in harvesting activities. Themed sessions on deep ecology and practical workshops in permaculture principles will enhance your understanding and experience of living in harmony with nature.
- Daily meditation and Hatha Yoga
- Group discussions and sharing
- Lectures on Karma Yoga, supporting a deeper understanding and application in daily life
- Participation in two 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats for profound introspection (the March retreat will be led by Claudiu Vaduva, and the May retreat by Sahajananda)
- Experiential teachings emphasizing meditation in action
- An exploration of permaculture principles and their application
- Daily Karma Yoga practice in the spirit of awareness, detachment, and love
- Transformative community experiences—a unique opportunity to be part of a spiritual family, fostering intimate connections and a space for vulnerability. Through heart circles, community gatherings, and devotional singing evenings, we’ll share and process deeper patterns in a safe and supportive environment.
Schedule subject to change.
Invitation to Transformation
This course is designed for those who have a deep spiritual longing and are yearning to develop a more profound understanding of Self-Inquiry.
Most important is having a keen interest in spiritual practice and an openness to and fascination with the mystery of life.
If you hear the call of selfless service or are inspired to develop this capacity in an environment that will test your personal limitations and bring you beyond your comfort zone, the Karma Yoga Immersion Course is your invitation to transformation.
Join us at our beautiful Longeval center and find your path to a more harmonious and meaningful way of life, in which every action reflects the light of inner truth and love for our planet, for existence.
Prior experience with Hridaya Meditation and Hatha Yoga is beneficial but not essential.
Pricing and Application
Admission to the Karma Yoga Immersion Course is by application, and applications are due by February 25th. This course is offered for €2,215, which includes all course sessions, dormitory accommodation, lunches and dinners, our annual membership fee, and individual guidance from experienced teachers. Breakfast is not included, nor are any special activities, trips, etc. Accommodation and meals are offered at 30% off our standard prices.
Click the link below to access the application for the Karma Yoga Immersion Course.
DATES COURSE APPLICATION March 17–May 12, 2024 Karma Yoga Immersion Course Closed for Applications
- *This course will be principally led by senior Hridaya teacher Claudiu Vaduva with other experienced Hridaya teachers supporting.
- This course is held at our center in Longeval, France.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins with an orientation session at 18:00 on the date of arrival and ends the day before departure. More information will be provided upon registration.
- Please read our Payment, Refund, and Amendment Guidelines before booking.
- Completion of this course will entitle participants to enroll in the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive by donation.
- For more information about our center, including how to get to Longeval, please visit this page.
- The Karma Yoga Immersive Course is also offered at our center in Mexico. Find out more here.