A 3- or 5-Day Journey through Self-Inquiry to Self-Love
with Phoebe Rose Douglas
April 9–11, 2024
Presented in English in Mazunte, Mexico
Are You Willing to Open to Self-Love?
A spiritual seeker asked Phoebe, “Can you teach me about love?”
Stunned by the beautifully vulnerable question, a deeper contemplation arose in her… “How many of us do not feel and know love?”
This workshop was created from that reflection. It’s a journey dedicated to Love—the Love of the Self. A Love that embraces the personality, the physical body, energy, emotions… All of you.
Love as your Essential Nature.
Love as the unending Beauty and Radiance of the Heart, of who you really are.
Love cannot be grasped, owned, or taught as something to add to your rational thought repertoire. Love’s everlasting freshness can be shown and felt by direct experience. Once you become aware of the protective armor over your heart and find the courage to remove it, you’ll discover true Love, a touch of Grace within.
Love is who you are—but you have likely forgotten. Disconnected and alienated from yourself and others, you resist and fight life. Judging almost everything, you instantly barricade yourself in a bunker of the safety of old patterns and tendencies, eradicating any chance for Love to grow.
This workshop is your invitation to rediscover the tender, sweet, and infinitely powerful Love within, giving it space to bloom and shine.
Are you willing to live in acceptance, intimacy, trust, and Love… within the physical body, mind, and emotions?
Are you willing to go beyond drama, self-sabotaging habits, patterns, and conditioning to open to the radiance of who you are?
Are you willing to forgive yourself and others… for everything?
Are you willing to find a lover you can blossom alongside, growing individually and together as you nurture each other and your relationship?
Are you willing to live with an Open Heart… No matter life’s circumstances?
Are you willing to trust life?
Join us and learn the essential language of the Heart, awakening to a whole universe of Love… Starting with you. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” –Rumi
This workshop features meditation techniques, Hridaya Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga, lectures, practical exercises, conscious movement, conscious writing, and rituals. When offered as a 5-day experience, days four and five take you even further in this journey into the depths of Love.
Grounded in the practice of Self-Inquiry, you’ll explore:
- Who am I? Why am I here? What is this life?
- What it means to be yourself, simply as you are
- How to experience life as it is
- Overcoming limiting ways of being through the endless, loving embrace of the Heart
- Revealing the radiance of your heart and grounding in Self-Love
- How to transform challenges into Love
- Conscious intimate relationships and their healing potential
- The Tantric approach to personal and divine love, divine sexuality, the physical body, and sexual energy
- Partner exercises using tools from Non-Violent Communication
- Intention setting and transfiguration rituals
- The Blessing of the Heart
- Ahimsa (non-violence), aparigraha (non-attachment), and brahmacharya (sexual continence) as fundamental aspects of a spiritual life
- Being Love within yourself, observing how Self-Love emanates from within and flows into all your relationships
- Deepening in Self-Inquiry, becoming more aware of yourself and where your attention is focused—on your changing moods/thoughts, or resting in the Heart?
- Meditation techniques for forgiveness and opening the Heart
- Pratyahara, reorienting your senses inward, falling in love with every moment
- Awakening Goddess Tara, the guiding star, and connecting to universal compassion
- Tonglen, the ancient Buddhist practice of transforming suffering and pain into compassion, love, and beauty
- Exploring Self-love as your natural state of being, as suggested by Nisargadatta Maharaj
- Surrender: What does it really mean? How does it feel? Are you willing to let go?
- Seeing death as a profound spiritual pointer: How can contemplating death help you fall more in love with life and learn to live with an open heart?
- Using ritual to move beyond the mind and connect to your essence, remembering Trust and Love
This Workshop Features Two Sessions Daily:
|Morning Session (including a breakfast break from 10:45-11:30 am)
|Afternoon Session (including a dinner break from 5:30-6:15 pm)
*The first session starts at 7:30 am on days 2–5.
Schedule subject to change.
Pricing and Registration
Click Pricing and Registration for information and to register for this workshop.
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Mazunte, Mexico.
- This workshop is open to all and is best for those willing to open to Love. No prior experience is required.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the costs still exceed your means, you are welcome to apply for our low-income discount.