The Art of Rest
A 3-Day Workshop Exploring Rest through
Movement, Meditation, Bodywork, and Yoga
with Aimee Norton-Taylor and Iris
June 7–9, 2021
How Do You Rest? What Does Resting Mean to You?
This workshop with Iris and Aimee is an invitation to explore rest as a foundation for spiritual practice. Through simple but powerful individual and group practices, you’ll expand your capacity for relaxation and support the transformation of your karmic imprints. You’ll learn how to embody the most authentic expression of yourself—a vessel of Divine Love.
You may reveal insights into destructive behaviors and become more aware of how you hold stress in your body. Instead of representing obstacles, you can see these behaviors and stresses as a clear path to deepening your understanding and experience of real rest.
This workshop is an open space for Self-Inquiry, allowing movement to become moving medicine and bodywork to reveal insights into your True Nature.
Join Us and Explore:
- Somatic meditation, as inspired by the Buddhist Vajrayana Tradition and renowned teacher Reggie Ray
- Self-Inquiry and developing Self-Awareness, as Ramana Maharshi said, “Be still, and do nothing”
- Continuum Movement, a form of moving Self-Inquiry developed by Emilie Conrad that creates a dance between consciousness, stillness, sound, and subtle movement to heal and unify the entire being
- Bliss Therapy cranial massage, Dr. Jack Ebner’s hands-on bodywork techniques for the neck and cranium, using pressure points to bring tension release, healing, and deep relaxation
- Hatha Yoga, including restorative and hip-opening practices
- Yoga Nidra, understanding and practicing the yoga of sleep
- Sharing circles
This Workshop Features Three Sessions Daily:
11:15 am–1:30 pm
Pricing and Registration
Click Pricing and Registration for information and to register for this workshop.
|Dates||Workshop||Teachers||Pricing and Registration|
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Mazunte, Mexico.
- This workshop is open to all. No previous yoga or meditation experience is required.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the afternoon before departure. The workshop will begin in the morning, so we suggest arriving in Mazunte the day before the course starts. If you are not staying on-site, please come to the Hridaya Yoga Center a few minutes before 8:30 am on the first day to complete the registration process.
- Registration hours on check-in day are from 12:00-2:00 pm.
- Please read our Coronavirus Safety Guidelines as well as our Registration Guidelines before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for our low-income discount.
- Please bring a sarong or towel.