The Art of Rest
A 3- or 5-Day Workshop on Resting as
a Compassionate State of Being
with Aimee Norton-Taylor and Iris
Starting December 22, 2023
and April 9, 2024
Do You Know How to Rest Deeply?
Learning how to rest is essential in a fast-paced world, where constant activity often takes precedence. But rest isn’t just about physical relaxation; it’s a holistic experience. Join Aimee and Iris for this transformative workshop and delve into the profound art of rest, illuminating the path to embracing your natural state of love, compassion, silence, and stillness.
With the guidance of the goddess Tara, the embodiment of compassion, you’ll find a tangible way to surrender to your innermost Self.
You’ll journey through various dimensions of the being, addressing the physical, energetic, emotional/sensory, and causal bodies. Through informative talks and experiential practices, you’ll develop a heightened awareness of these bodies and cultivate a loving witnessing attitude toward them, which is an essential foundation for deep rest.
Along the way, you’ll:
- Learn how to embrace inner silence, love, compassion, trust, and an understanding of the law of karma to find true restfulness.
- Discover the delicate balance between rest and activity (yin and yang) within your being and explore rejuvenating and blissful physical practices, both individually and in pairs.
- Experience the power of sharing in dyads and group settings.
- Deepen your connection to the breath, utilizing it as a tool for rest and heightened awareness.
- Learn the art of grounding yourself and forging a loving connection with the Earth.
- Explore the realms of meditation as you rest and relax into its soothing embrace.
The third day of the workshop will conclude with a transfiguration, a powerful practice that reveals your interconnectedness with others. Days four and five will focus on the transformative power of sound. This extended journey offers you the space to:
- Embrace the collective resonance of group and individual sounding as you allow your physical body to unwind spontaneously.
- Refine your capacity to move restfully and be moved by your inner wisdom.
- Discover a sense of inner light through the practice of Yoga Nidra.
- Explore balanced sleep and dreams, discuss the limitations of personal desires, and delve into the concept of the kleshas.
- Embrace more challenging practices that teach you how to rest amidst difficult experiences, and learn to integrate these teachings into your daily life seamlessly.
This workshop is an open space for Self-Inquiry, an invitation to explore rest as a foundation for spiritual practice. Join us!
- The Self-Inquiry teachings of Ramana Maharshi
- The daily evocation of Goddess Tara as a support for compassion and surrender
- Self-love as a foundation for restfulness
- Embracing unresolved life situations with grace
- Guided meditations from diverse traditions
- Embodiment practices, dance, stretching, and subtle movement
- The power of simple cranial massage
- Polarity, balancing the yin and yang within, learning to harmonize rest and activity
- Subtle anatomy—the physical, energetic, emotional, mental, causal bodies
- Breathing practices, pranayama techniques
- Unpacking karma, purification, trust, and non-reactivity
- Grounding techniques
- Embracing the significance of silence and your connection with nature
- Sounding practices
- Balanced sleep and dreams, as well as Yoga Nidra practices
- Classical yogic philosophy
This Workshop Features Four Sessions Daily:
|8:30–10:45 am||Session 1|
|11:30 am–1:30 pm||Session 2|
|3:30–5:30 pm||Session 3|
|6:15–7:30 pm||Session 4|
Schedule subject to change.
Pricing and Registration
Click Pricing and Registration for information and to register for this workshop.
DATES WORKSHOP TEACHERS BOOK NOW
December 21 – 25, 2023 3-Day Art of Rest Workshop Aimee Norton-Taylor and Iris Pricing and Registration
December 21 – 27, 2023 5-Day Art of Rest Workshop Aimee Norton-Taylor and Iris Pricing and Registration
April 8 – 12, 2024 3-Day Art of Rest Workshop Aimee Norton-Taylor and Iris Pricing and Registration
April 8 – 14, 2024 5-Day Art of Rest Workshop Aimee Norton-Taylor and Iris Pricing and Registration
Free Introduction and Q&A Sessions: November 21st at 8:15 pm and December 18th at 8:15 am
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Mazunte, Mexico and is open to all. No previous yoga or meditation experience is required.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the afternoon before departure. The workshop will begin in the morning, so we suggest arriving in Mazunte the day before the course starts. If you are not staying on-site, please come to the Hridaya Yoga Center at 8:15 am on the first day to complete the registration process.
- Please read our Registration Guidelines before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If our rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for our low-income discount.