10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat
A Transformative Immersion
in the Spiritual Heart
Give Yourself the Gift of Silence
If you are yearning to go beyond your everyday reality, to quiet your mind and connect to the deepest part of yourself, join us for a 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat.
We designed this retreat to guide you to an intimate understanding of what meditation is so you can experience the inner transformation that it kindles.
It’s a chance for you to give yourself a profound gift: Silence. In that silence, you can begin to perceive the peaceful and eternal core of your being, the source of all inspiration, love, and beauty—the Spiritual Heart.
Our experienced teachers share wisdom and inspiration from a variety of spiritual traditions and lead you in a step-by-step practice of Self-Inquiry—asking “Who am I?” and opening to what arises.
Free from distractions and immersed in these teachings, you’ll begin to discover the Truth within yourself. You’ll feel a greater sense of love, wholeness, and open-heartedness. And, you’ll emerge renewed, your life enriched with meaning thanks to new spiritual perspectives.
The 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat is guided in English and is offered separately in French and Spanish. Whether you have never meditated or have done many retreats, this retreat is for you. If you don’t have ten days free, join us for a 3-day retreat.
- Techniques for calming your mind, relaxing your body, and opening your heart
- Ramana Maharshi’s Self-Inquiry method (asking “Who am I?”)
- Practices for centering in the Spiritual Heart and ways to infuse your daily life with its wisdom
- The fundamental principles of non-duality (the teaching that everything is One)
- Traditional, contemplative Hatha Yoga
- Insights from Advaita Vedanta, Christianity, Buddhism, Sufism, and Kashmir Shaivism
Each Day of the Retreat Includes:
- 4 meditation sessions
- 90 minutes of Hridaya Hatha Yoga
- Practical advice for going deeper in meditation
- Inspiring lectures on fundamental spiritual themes
- A Q&A session (with written questions)
|7:00–9:00||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|16:00–18:30||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|19:15–21:00||Daily themed spiritual discourse and Q&A|
|21:00–21:30||Meditation (may go later depending on length of Q&A)|
|7:00–9:00 am||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|9:00–10:00 am||Breakfast break|
|11:15 am–12:30 pm||Hatha Yoga|
|1:00–4:00 pm||Lunch and break|
|4:00–6:30 pm||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|6:30–7:30 pm||Time for personal practice and dinner|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Daily themed spiritual discourse and Q&A|
|8:30–~9:30 pm||Meditation (may go later depending on length of Q&A)|
Schedule subject to change.
Pricing and Registration
The 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat is offered monthly at Château de Longeval, our castle nestled in the beautiful Beaujolais countryside. The retreats listed below are presented in English. For retreats in French, visit this page.
View all upcoming 10-day English retreat dates below. Click Pricing and Registration for a list of prices and accommodation types available when you want to visit.
|June 14 – 25, 2023||10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat||Sahajananda||Pricing and Registration|
|July 26 – August 6, 2023||10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat||Sahajananda||Join Waiting List|
|August 30 – September 10, 2023||10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat||Sahajananda||Pricing and Registration|
|October 18 – 29, 2023||10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat||Pricing and Registration|
|November 29 – December 10, 2023||10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat||Pricing and Registration|
|December 27 2023 – January 7, 2024||10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat||Pricing and Registration|
- This retreat is open to everyone. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced practitioner, we invite you to join us and dive deep into the practice. We encourage you to read our Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat Guidelines to help you to decide if you feel ready and inspired to sit a retreat with us.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure.
- Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day. Please plan to arrive in time to get settled into your accommodations before the Orientation Session, which is at 18:00.
- It is not possible to join the retreat after 7:00 on the first day.
- Please read our Payment, Refund, and Amendment Guidelines before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship. We will happily consider your request and try to find a way to support you.
- For more information about our center, including how to get to Longeval, please visit this page.