“Fuse the powers of the sacred heart with the energies of the body, and you can transform everything.” ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Description of the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive
The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive is a holistic course that creates the conditions for the revelation of our real nature, the Spiritual Heart. It is a life-changing journey in which fundamental spiritual topics are introduced in both a practical and theoretical way. The practice of hatha yoga provides an intimate inner knowledge of the physical body, bio-energies, and chakras (energy centers), as well as of our ultimate nature. Therefore, a contemplative attitude and an awareness of what we essentially are is an important part of the practice.
Hridaya Hatha Yoga is unique because:
- It teaches us how to open to the limitlessness of energy. What we consider to be just “our energies” are revealed as being universal.
- It opens our Hearts deeply, bringing the perspective of Advaita Vedanta, the vision of non-duality.
Hridaya Hatha Yoga creates the condition for a deep relaxation and for opening to realize the “transfiguration” of the body itself. The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive is a highly beneficial and transformative program that can bring amazing purifications at the physical, psychological, and mental levels. Learning how to awaken and become aware of subtle energies, the chakra system, and kundalini allows a profound psycho-mental regeneration.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Introduction Video
The first component of Module 1 features 3 classes per day for 19 days. As Sundays are free, the retreat experience spans 22 days. There are 2-hour morning and afternoon sessions that include yogic theory, hatha yoga practice (asana and pranayama), and short meditations. Evening lectures present a variety of important topics in yogic philosophy and lifestyle, all taught from a Hridaya Yoga perspective. Module 1 also includes an additional day when we join together to perform a traditional yogic purification practice. We also encourage participation in one-hour daily Hridaya morning meditations.
Please note that although the first component of Module 1 is a 19-day course, you are welcome to join any day and complete as many days as your heart desires.
The (optional) second component of Module 1 is the participation in a Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat. You may choose to attend the retreat for either 3 or 10 days in order to allow yourself to delve deeper into the essence of meditation and your Real Nature.
Curriculum of the Yoga Retreat
The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive aims, through its vision, methods and attitudes, to make these teachings resonate more deeply within each of us. They are rooted in the Consciousness of Oneness, and our highest priority is to keep the universality of the message, beyond dogma and biases.
The teachings of Module 1 unfold over four stages:
Week 1 – Introduction and Subtle Structures
Week 2 – Purifications
Week 3 – Spiritual Transformation and Grace
Week 4 – Integration In Daily Life
The curriculum of the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive includes:
- Hridaya Hatha Yoga principles and the stages of doing an asana. The comprehensive explanation of both the practice and the symbolic significance of more than 40 asanas, yogic techniques, and warm-up exercises
- The yogic system of chakras – yogi psychology
- About nadis (subtle energy channels), the 5 subtle bodies, and the polarity of energy
- Ramana Maharshi’s Self-Enquiry Method
- The infinite softness and power of the Spiritual Heart
- Diet recommendations for yogis; proper diet for a healthy life
- Yogic purification techniques
- Cultivating proper attitudes for a Hridaya life (a life lived with an open Heart)
- Overcoming laxity and excitement in spirituality
- Yoga Nidra – The Yoga of Sleep/Lucid Dreaming (The Yoga of Sleep in the Tibetan tradition)
- Yogic Practices for the Sublimation of energy
- Bhakti Yoga – The yoga of devotion
- The concept of Karma and Karma Yoga – The yoga of action done with detachment
- Pranayama – the control of the energies using rhythmic breathing
- Simple concentration and meditation techniques
To support your integration of the teachings, you will receive a booklet of course papers that provides valuable information on the theory introduced in the morning classes. Supplementary materials for evening lectures are available in a separate booklet, which you may purchase at the Hridaya Yoga Center or on Amazon.
The Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive is the first part of a systematic and comprehensive yoga course that will include other modules of:
-Advanced hatha yoga practices
-Advanced Tantric practices (mudras and bandhas for Kundalini awakening)
View all upcoming Module 1 dates below and click Register Now to reserve your spot.
|May 7 - 30, 2019||Register Now|
|June 11 - July 4, 2019||Register Now|
|July 16 - August 8, 2019||Register Now|
|August 20 - September 12, 2019||Register Now|
|September 24 - October 17, 2019||Register Now|
|October 29 - November 21, 2019||Register Now|
|December 3 - 26, 2019||Register Now|
“There are many mysteries to be unraveled, but the most important is the mystery of our being.”
“Life-changing. Inspiring. Amazing. And loads of other similar words…”
“Outstanding, well-organized content and very insightful. I would recommend the Module. I feel 30 years younger. Thanks to everyone.”
“Super impressed! I felt that it helped bring new awareness in my life journey, embracing the connection between all aspects of yoga… I am pleased and will recommend to friends.”
“The course is full and comprehensive–excellent as a solid introduction for practitioners new to yoga and very good for more advanced practitioners to go deeper in theory, philosophy, lifestyle, etc.”