Hridaya Yoga Mexico
Please note that Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We are committed to offering our courses at accessible rates while still acknowledging the significant financial needs of running a full-time yoga and meditation center. Our regular price is what it actually costs to run our center and provide our programs.
If you cannot pay the regular price due to financial hardship, we offer a low-income discount. When you apply for this discount, you are attesting that you have need and are truthfully representing your financial situation. A student once told us, “It’s so great that you have a low-income discount. Now I will have more money to pay for my trip to Cancún.” This is not the spirit in which the discount is offered. Another student accepted the low-income discount because he did not have an income at the time, but we later found out he had over $100,000 USD in savings. This is also not the spirit of the low-income discount.
The value of the teachings offered at Hridaya Yoga cannot be quantified in material terms. And, we would propose that skimping on paying for spiritual teachings is not conducive to your practice. So, before you request the low-income discount we ask that you thoughtfully evaluate your financial situation. If you require a discount, please complete this application form. If you genuinely have need, we will be happy to extend the discount to you. Just ask for it in truthfulness and integrity and it will be granted.
We also recognize that some people have the funds to allow them to support the spiritual work of those with fewer financial resources. So, we welcome donations. All donations will be used to assist us in offering discounts to needy students. Please consider whether you can give more in order to support the practice of everyone in our community, regardless of financial situation.
When joining us at the Hridaya Yoga Center, we ask that you be aware of our payment and refund guidelines. These guidelines exist in order for us to harmoniously offer the teachings of the Spiritual Heart to as many people as possible.
As space in both our courses and accommodations is limited, we require advance notice in the case that your plans change and you must cancel your enrollment. Thank you for mindfully planning your visit with us.
In order to ensure a smooth trip, we recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
To confirm a reservation, the following payment guidelines apply:
- At booking, a deposit of 50% of the booking is required.
- You may pay your remaining balance before or upon arrival.
CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
It is possible to amend your reservation up to 8 days before it begins. We do not accept changes or provide refunds after that time.
However, before then, you can reschedule, cancel, or otherwise modify your reservation for an administrative fee of $1,000 MXN* (approximately $50 USD) per change.
- It is your responsibility to review and accept these guidelines before booking.
- You may not transfer your booking to another person.
- *If the total amount of your booking is $2,000 MXN/$100 USD or less, we will apply an administrative fee of $300 MXN (approximately $15 USD) per change.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat, Module 1 Intensive:
- Module 1’s daily schedule includes two Hatha Yoga classes and an evening lecture.
- All Module 1 students must sign in prior to each class attended.
- To receive the Module 1 graduation certificate you must: have attended a minimum of 16 full days (all 3 classes each day).
- When space is available, graduates of Module 1 may repeat classes on a donation basis. If you’re interested in repeating Module 1, please contact us for more information.
- New students enrolled in Module 1 receive a complimentary printed course booklet.
- In addition to the booklet of daily course papers, a book of Module 1 evening lectures is available for purchase at the Registration Kiosk and on Amazon.com.
Hridaya Yoga Retreat, Modules 2 and Up:
- The course fee for each module includes a booklet of course papers.
- To graduate from Module 2, you must have attended at least 10 full course days.
- Modules 3 and up include 18 class sessions, 10 of which contain the core curriculum and 8 that are devoted primarily to practice. To graduate from the higher modules, you must attend at least 8 of the 10 core classes and 6 of the 8 intensive practice classes.
- Students may repeat classes in any Hridaya Module from which they have graduated on a donation basis. Note that attendance of module classes as a repeating student depends on availability. If you’re interested in repeating a module, please contact us for more information.
- Students who attend workshops at the Hridaya Yoga Center may repeat the same workshop when offered again for a 50% reduction in price. (For example, if you attended the Art of Awareness workshop in 2023, you may repeat it in 2024 for half-price, space permitting.) Please note that this discount applies only to workshops first attended in Mazunte and is based on availability. If you qualify, please email us for the workshop repeaters’ discount code.