Hridaya Yoga France
Getting to Longeval
Hridaya Yoga France is located at Château de Longeval near the village of St. Just d’Avray, just one hour from the center of Lyon. You can easily get to Lyon by plane, train, or bus. Below you’ll find more information on all transportation options, including how to get to our center with your own vehicle.
Please note that if you are joining us for a silent meditation retreat, we strongly encourage you to arrive by 17:00 for the château tour and orientation session (if you are traveling by public transportation, arriving at Chambost-Allières at 17:17 is fine). For most other programs, please arrive by 18:00 (please check the program schedule and/or your registration email for start times).
If you are participating in any of our courses, you will receive a pre-arrival email five days before your arrival date. This email will include a link to a form where you can provide your arrival information, which will help us organize pick-ups, etc.
How to Find Us
If you’ll be driving, motorway links provide access to all major European cities. Using Google Maps, please click here for the exact location of Hridaya Yoga France. You can then enter your starting point to receive directions to our center.
We encourage ridesharing! If you are coming to Longeval by car and can offer a ride to others or if you would like to find someone who can offer you a lift, please register on this schedule.
From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport: Book a fast train (TGV) to Lyon Part-Dieu station (2 hours). To reach Domaine de Longeval from here, please see the transportation options below.
From Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport: This international airport is located 74 km southeast of Longeval. It offers direct connections to all major European hubs, plus North America and North Africa. To reach Domaine de Longeval from here, please see the transportation options below.
Lyon has two main train stations, Lyon Part-Dieu and Lyon Perrache. Both stations have trains arriving from within France and from major European cities.
Please see below for onward travel options from these two train stations to where we are located at Longeval.
Big bus companies (Euroline, Megabus, Flixbus, etc.) link Lyon to Paris and other major European cities (Torino, Barcelona, Geneva, Zurich, Frankfurt, etc.).
Buses usually arrive at Lyon Perrache or Lyon Part-Dieu train stations. From these stations, you can get a combination of train and bus to get to Longeval (see below).
Onward Travel to Longeval
After arriving at Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport or Lyon Part-Dieu/Perrache Train Stations, there are three initial options for onward travel to Domaine de Longeval:
- By Taxi: We can organize a taxi for you which, depending on your arrival time, may be shared with other participants and will pick you up at the airport or either of the train stations. The cost will depend on the number of participants sharing the ride. To sign up for this service, please add your name and details on this schedule.
- By Carpool: You are welcome to add your name and details to request and offer lifts on this schedule.
- By Public Transportation: See details below.
Public Transportation Options on Arrival at Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport
There are two options for getting from the airport to Lyon-Part Dieu train station (for onward travel to Longeval):
- Take the RhoneExpress tram (information concerning the prices and schedule can be found here). It will take 30 minutes and costs around €15. You can buy your tickets online or on the tram itself. You will arrive directly at Lyon Part-Dieu.
- If you have the time and prefer a cheaper option, you can take bus number TCL 47 (schedule here) to Meyzieu ZI. It will cost you around €2 and takes about 30 minutes. Then you can take Tram T3 and exit at Lyon Part-Dieu (about 20 minutes, cost around €2).
Public Transport Options on Arrival at Lyon Part-Dieu or Perrache Train Stations
Lyon has two main train stations, Lyon Part-Dieu and Lyon Perrache. Both of them have train/bus connections to Chambost-Allières, a village near Longeval and, for certain direct trains, Chamelet, which is a little further away.
For reference, you can access the late August – December bus/train schedule here. You can buy your ticket in advance at trainline.com or oui.sncf. We also recommend the site (and related app) Citymapper as a useful tool for travel within Lyon and beyond.
Note that if you need to travel for any reason between the two Lyon train stations, you can take Tram T1 from Lyon Part-Dieu to Lyon Perrache and vice versa. It costs around €2 and takes 10–15 minutes.
- At the station, buy either a combined train/bus ticket to Chambost-Allières (approximately €12) or, for a similar fee, a direct train ticket to Chamelet (this option applies to most trains from 17:00 onward during the workweek).
- If you are joining us for any course that starts on Saturday or Sunday, please note that there is reduced service on weekends. The last service on Sundays (check-in day for Modules 1 and 2) that will reach either Chambost-Allières or Chamelet is the combined train/bus from Lyon Perrache at 16:05 or Lyon Part-Dieu at 16:08, arriving in Chambost-Allières at 17:17.
- For Chambost-Allières bus arrivals, first board the train to Lozanne (the train’s final destination is Roanne, so look for this on the departure boards). Exit the train at Lozanne and the bus will be waiting for you directly outside the train station. The bus will then drop you off in the village of Chambost-Allières, about 3 km away from our center.
- For Chamelet train arrivals, stay on the train you boarded in Lyon all the way to Chamelet—do not disembark at Lozanne. Chamelet is about 4 km away from our center.
- You can also walk from Chambost-Allières to Longeval in about 35 minutes via local roads and forest paths (see map below). However, if you decide to do this please be sure you have a good sense of direction.
- We offer a shuttle service for €3 from the bus stop in Chambost-Allières or the train station in Chamelet, coordinated with the TER schedule. We will send you a pre-arrival email five days before your arrival that will include a link to an Arrival Information Form where you can book a shuttle.