Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 8
Bring Your Practice to a New Level
Are You Ready to Go Deeper?
Module 8 will bring your practice to a new level. After spending three modules exploring the oli mudras, you’ll go further with yoni mudra, which harnesses sexual and creative energy for spiritual evolution; mahamudra, which purifies the entire network of nadis, balances ida and pingala, and awakens Kundalini Shakti; and mahavedha mudra, which stirs Kundalini from Her home in muladhara chakra, encouraging Her to penetrate sushumna nadi by piercing the granthis.
You’ll also learn twelve new asanas, including mayurasana, “peacock pose,” which harmonizes the mind while developing strength in the arms and increasing digestive fire. You’ll explore prasarana, the dynamic, conscious liberation of energy at the level of any of the chakras. And, you’ll practice agnisara kriya, a vitalizing pranayama that arouses the body and mind, increases alertness, generates heat, and kindles the fire of spiritual aspiration.
These practical techniques are rounded out by a deeper theoretical exploration of the traditional teachings on Kundalini awakening, including the continued integration of Somananda’s teachings in Shaktavijnana. Altogether, Module 8 will inspire you to surrender more to your innermost Self.
- Long Hatha Yoga sessions that feature a comprehensive explanation of additional asanas, pranayamas, Kundalini mudras, and concentration and meditation techniques
- Further teachings on Kundalini awakening
- Mahamudra and mahavedha mudra, essential practices in Kundalini Yoga that fully awaken this force in the being
- Vatasara dhauti, a simple technique that produces special cleansing phenomena at the subtle level
- Mandukasana, a meditative asana that works on the deeper levels of manipura and can support the rising of Kundalini
- The fourth conscious action, prasarana, the conscious expansion of energy
- Offered at our center in Mexico, Module 8 is a comprehensive program that features 18 days of instruction over a 21-day course cycle.
- Each day includes a 4-hour theory and practice class. Group discussions, personal support from teachers, and the opportunity to immerse yourself in a yogic community help you go deeper in your practice.
- You’ll also receive a course booklet containing a wealth of information to support your understanding of the teachings.
A Typical Course Day Includes:
- 1 hour of meditation (optional)
- A 4-hour theory and practice session (lecture, asanas, pranayama, mental concentration, and meditation)
- Time for personal practice and Karma Yoga
|8:15 am–12:15 pm
|Hatha Yoga and teachings
Schedule subject to change.
Pricing and Registration
Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 8 is open to all graduates of Module 7.
View all upcoming course dates below and click Pricing and Registration to reserve your spot. If no dates are listed, the course is not currently scheduled. Feel free to contact us to inquire when we will next offer it.
DATES COURSE PRICING & REGISTRATION
- This course is presented in English.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. There are 18 days of instruction over the 3-week course cycle.
- Please read our Registration Guidelines before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for our low-income discount. If your need is even greater, you may request a scholarship.