Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 6
Kindle Your Transformation
Learn Practical Ways to Awaken Kundalini
Module 6 will take you deeper in your understanding and experience of kundalini shakti and of Awareness itself. In addition to being initiated in the sahajoli mudras, powerful practices that naturally flush energy to sahasrara, you’ll explore the subtle anatomy related to kundalini and learn practical ways to stir this sacred serpent power via Hatha Yoga. You’ll also receive an initiation in the kundalini mantra and practice the “churning of the energies,” an esoteric technique that awakens kundalini and leads to the dissolution of all relative aspects of consciousness.
Purification is a keyword in Module 6. You’ll learn kapalabhati, one of the yogic shatkarmas, which yields a clear, radiant mind and is an essential support for meditation. You’ll also explore apakshepana, which purifies the lower chakras through the conscious movement of energy. And, you’ll practice the renowned siddhasana, the “perfect pose,” purifying all of your nadis and opening yourself to spiritual freedom.
Of course, Module 6 doesn’t focus on the purification, amplification, and movement of energy for its own sake. It’s an inner journey of discovery. All of the varied practices serve to guide you in becoming more transparent to the Divine, helping you to reveal the Supreme Self.
- Long Hatha Yoga sessions that feature a comprehensive explanation of additional asanas, pranayamas, kundalini mudras, and concentration and meditation techniques
- A deepening understanding of kundalini shakti and an initiation in meditation with the kundalini mantra
- The practice of the sahajoli mudras, which raise kundalini and induce spiritual transformation
- The vertical breath, which directs prana and apana through sushumna nadi
- The second conscious action, apakshepana, which amplifies and purifies the energy of the lower chakras, bringing stability and groundedness
- Kapalabhati, an invigorating purification practice that clears the mind and brings it to one-pointedness
- Offered at our center in Mexico, Module 6 is a comprehensive program that features 10 days of instruction over a 22-day course cycle.
- Each day includes a 4-hour theory and practice class.
- Group discussions, personal support from teachers, and the opportunity to immerse yourself in a yogic community help you go deeper in your practice.
- You’ll also receive a course booklet containing a wealth of information to support your understanding of the teachings.
A Typical Course Day Includes:
- 1 hour of meditation (optional)
- A 4-hour theory and practice session (lecture, asanas, pranayama, mental concentration, and meditation)
- Time for personal practice and Karma Yoga
|8:30 am–12:30 pm||Hatha Yoga and teachings|
Schedule subject to change.
Pricing and Registration
View all upcoming Module 6 dates below and click Pricing and Registration to reserve your spot. If no dates are listed, the course is not currently scheduled. Feel free to contact us to inquire when we will next offer it.
Pricing and Registration
- This course is presented in English.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. There are 10 days of instruction over the 22-day course cycle.
- Please read our Coronavirus Safety Guidelines as well as our Registration Guidelines before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for our low-income discount. If your need is even greater, you may request a scholarship.