Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 3
Refine Your Practice
Expand Your Capacity to Witness
If you’ve graduated from Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 2, Module 3 is your chance to deepen your awareness of the subtle bodies, quiet your mind, and expand your capacity to witness sensations, emotions, and thoughts.
Module 3 features 18 days of instruction, each with a 4-hour theory and practice class. A weekly discussion session and a group tapas round out the program. The teachings are mainly based on traditional Hatha Yoga texts, such as the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Gheranda Samhita, and the Shiva Samhita.
In addition to new asanas and pranayama techniques, you’ll explore the bandhas, special yogic “locks” that redirect the flow of subtle energy. And, you’ll learn agnisara dhauti, a very powerful practice that purifies the body and subtle structures, induces the awareness of the subconscious mind, and kindles a profound appreciation for the transformative nature of yoga.
Perhaps most importantly, Module 3 allows you to immerse yourself in practice while supported by a vibrant, Heart-centered community.
This course is offered in English.
- Deep Hatha Yoga sessions that feature a comprehensive explanation of additional asanas, pranayamas, and mental concentration techniques
- A variety of methods to amplify mental power and induce clarity, including trataka, ocular convergence, and mudras
- An explanation of the 5 States of Mind according to Classical Yoga
- A thorough introduction to the role and significance of the bandhas, including mula bandha and jalandhara bandha
- Agnisara dhauti, a very powerful, purifying practice that increases the awareness of the subconscious mind
- Module 3 is a comprehensive program that offers 18 days of instruction in fundamental yoga and meditation techniques.
- Group discussions, personal support from teachers, and the opportunity to immerse yourself in a yogic community help you go deeper in your practice.
- You’ll also receive a course booklet containing a wealth of information to support your understanding of the teachings.
A Typical Course Day Includes:
- 1 hour of meditation (optional)
- A 4-hour theory and practice session (lecture, asanas, pranayama, mental concentration, and meditation)
- Time for personal practice and Karma Yoga
|8:15–12:15||Hatha Yoga and Teachings|
|15:00-17:30||Personal Practice or Karma Yoga|
|18:15-22:00||Free Time or Optional Activities|
|22:00||Mauna (Noble Silence)|
|8:30 am–12:30 pm||Hatha Yoga and Teachings|
Schedule subject to change.
Pricing and Registration
Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 3 is open to all graduates of Module 2.
Please click Pricing and Registration for a list of prices and accommodation types available when you want to visit. If no course sessions are listed, none are scheduled at this time.
|June 30 -July 21, 2024||Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 3||Pricing and Registration|
- This course is presented in English.
- Please read our Payment, Refund, and Amendment Guidelines before booking.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the afternoon before departure. Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship. We will happily consider your request and try to find a way to support you.
- For more information about our center, including how to get to Longeval, please visit this page.