17-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat
Gain Insight into Awareness, Compassion,
Love, and Freedom
Deepen Your Retreat Experience
The 17-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat is a unique opportunity to do an extended retreat in silent contemplation, diving deeper into the teachings of the Spiritual Heart while being held in a supportive group atmosphere.
Hridaya Yoga founder Sahajananda leads this retreat once annually at our centers in France and Mexico. It’s a chance for you to bring your practice to a new, more profound level. The longer format creates optimal conditions for you to experience penetrating insights into Awareness, Compassion, Beauty, Love, Bliss, and Freedom.
The retreat begins with participation in a 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat. As it progresses, the meditation sessions become longer, the energy builds, the mind starts to quiet, and the ever-present background of Stillness begins to reveal itself.
The final seven days of the retreat bring even more gifts, including special teachings and practices that Sahaja only shares in this format. This extended period of practice offers revitalization, inspiration, and lasting spiritual transformation.
The 17-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat is guided in English.
No previous meditation or yoga experience is required as this retreat is designed for beginners and advanced meditators alike. To participate, all you need is the aspiration to spend 17 days in silent communion with your inner self.
In addition to the content of the 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat, you’ll learn:
- Tonglen, a Buddhist practice of compassion
- The non-dual perspective on the wisdom of Jesus
- St. Teresa of Ávila’s insights into the degrees of contemplation
- More about mental void, Stillness, and nirodha parinama
- Stories about the enlightenment of great masters, insights from inside the process
- The 3-2-1-0 Method
- About Beauty as a means and Reality
- Selected practices from the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, a sacred text of Kashmir Shaivism
Each Day of the 17-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat Includes:
- 4 meditation sessions
- 90 minutes of Hridaya Hatha Yoga
- Practical advice for going deeper in meditation
- Inspiring lectures on fundamental spiritual themes
- A Q&A session (with written questions)
|7:00–9:00||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|15:30–18:00||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|18:00–18:30||Time for personal practice|
|19:15–20:15||Daily themed spiritual discourse and Q&A|
|20:15–21:00||Meditation (may go later depending on length of Q&A)|
|7:00–9:00 am||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|9:00–9:45 am||Breakfast break|
|11:00 am–12:30 pm||Hatha Yoga|
|1:00–4:00 pm||Lunch and break|
|4:00–6:30 pm||Meditation (beginning in shorter segments)|
|6:30–7:30 pm||Time for personal practice and dinner|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Daily themed spiritual discourse and Q&A|
|8:30–~9:30 pm||Meditation (may go later depending on length of Q&A)|
Schedule subject to change.
Pricing and Registration
The 17-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat is offered once annually at Château de Longeval, our castle nestled in the beautiful Beaujolais countryside. This retreat is presented in English.
Click Pricing and Registration for a list of prices and accommodation types available for this retreat. If no dates are listed, the retreat is not scheduled at this time.
- Please read our on-site Covid-19 measures.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure.
- Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day. Please plan to arrive in time to get settled into your accommodations before the Orientation Session, which is at 17:00.
- It is not possible to join the retreat after 7:00 on the first day.
- Please read our Payment, Refund, and Amendment Guidelines before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship. We will happily consider your request and try to find a way to support you.
- For more information about our center, including how to get to Longeval, please visit this page.
Have a question? Contact us