This is a 4-hour workshop aimed at those who feel the calling to start the beautiful practice of meditation and may feel lost as to where or how to start.
In it, we will explore:
• The physical, psychological and spiritual benefits of meditation
• The main meditation asanas (postures) and mudras (gestures)
• Some physical warm-ups for meditation
• Techniques for quieting the mind
• Recommendations concerning the principal hindrances to the practice: laxity and excitement
The Hridaya Yoga Center offers monthly 3-day and 10-day Silent Meditation Retreats. This workshop is suitable for those who signed up for their first retreat and those who are hesitant about whether to sign up for one or not. Of course, anyone, can benefit from this overview of some of the more relevant aspects surrounding meditation practice.