Hridaya Yoga’s Translator supports our mission to share the teachings of the Spiritual Heart by supporting the Hridaya Administration Team with translations from English to Spanish for official communications and material. The Translator performs their job in the spirit of Karma Yoga, selfless service for the benefit of others.
The Translator reports to the Marketing Coordinator and supports both internal and external communications by translating social media posts, newsletter copy, curriculum copy, official emails, and review responses whilst liaising with internal stakeholders. The Translator works mindfully, efficiently, and with a consistently high standard in order to showcase everything that Hridaya Yoga offers. The Translator is meticulous, with a keen eye for detail, professional while maintaining the Hridaya Yoga attitude.
- Improve the school’s consistency with Spanish communications. Provide accurate, inspiring and timely translations of all materials for publication and communications.
- Convert concepts, style and tone in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language.
- Compile information, such as technical terms used in legal settings, into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations.
- Speak, read, and write fluently in both English and Spanish.
- Captivate our audience in a way that reflects the Hridaya tone, style, philosophy, values, and teachings.
- Check the correct writing and sense of the content of our website and our social media pages, presenting an easy to read and fresh voice.
- Ensure that all work is completed on time to support better business continuity and stability.
- Working alongside the Marketing Coordinator, the Marketing Assistant and the Welcome Desk Coordinator, and other members of the administrative team, to ensure timely translations of all required material.
- Translate all social media posts.
- Translate all newsletters ensuring the spacing and character count is consistent.
- Translate and respond to all reviews and comments across all platforms.
- Translate email responses to students.
- Translate website content, both new and existing.
- Translate the official curriculum, booklets, presentations and documentation.
- Other tasks as required by changing organizational needs.
- Meditation and yoga practitioner.
- Related education such as a degree in Spanish language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish, including knowledge of grammar and punctuation rules.
- Ability to make a minimum three cycle commitment to the position (15 weeks) (six month commitment is highly desirable.)
Highly Desired Qualifications:
Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and experience with implementing SEO keywords into copy.
Proven ability to:
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- Think critically, solve problems, and suggest creative solutions.
- Work in a structured yet flexible manner.
- Meticulous and methodical with a keen eye for detail.
- Humility, maturity, discernment.
- Openness to receiving constructive and ongoing feedback.
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole.
- The ability to work effectively, flexibly, and lovingly in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to differentiate between supporting the work of Hridaya Yoga and personal objectives.
- Aspiration and a commitment to spiritual transformation.
- The desire to be a part of a blossoming spiritual community.
Work Hours and Benefits:
The Translator can expect to work full-time (5 days per week, approximately 5-6 hours per day) and will be open to working additional hours when the need arises.
Our benefits package includes:
- Two communal meals Monday to Saturday during modules, 3 meals per day, 7 days per week during meditation retreats.
- Complimentary accommodation in our shared dormitory or camping (depending on the season).
- One complimentary 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat for every 3 cycles of service (15 weeks).
- Complimentary enrolment in one Hridaya Yoga Module for every 3 cycles of service (attendance must be flexible and coordinated around the administrative workload).
Please note that the Hridaya Yoga Center is a non-smoking and drug-free facility. We cannot accept volunteers with alcohol issues, who currently smoke (including tobacco and plant medicine) or use any form of recreational drug.
To apply, please send your résumé or CV, samples of your work, and a letter of intent describing how your skills align with the position to email@example.com.