Social Media Assistant Job Description
Hridaya Yoga’s Social Media Assistant supports our mission to share the teachings of the Spiritual Heart by supporting the Marketing Manager with all marketing-related tasks as well as coordinating and contributing to the social media plan. Though in a paid position, the Social Media Assistant performs their job in the spirit of Karma Yoga, selfless service for the benefit of others.
The Social Media Assistant reports to the Marketing Manager and supports both internal and external communications by administering and implementing the social media plan, writing and proofreading copy, administrating multimedia databases, and liaising with external suppliers and internal stakeholders. The Social Media Assistant works mindfully, efficiently, and with a consistently high standard in order to showcase everything that Hridaya Yoga offers. The Social Media Assistant is creative, meticulous, and professional while maintaining the Hridaya Yoga spirit.
- Increase Hridaya’s social media presence through effective and creative implementation of our social media plan.
- Organize the existing multimedia database into a user-friendly and efficient system.
- Captivate our audience by ensuring that all of our copy reflects the Hridaya tone, style, philosophy, values, and teachings.
- Ensure the consistent application of brand guidelines across all platforms.
- Ensure that all work is completed on time to support better business continuity and stability.
- Liaise with the Registration and Program Departments to ensure the Hridaya website and social media channels are factually correct.
The Social Media Assistant works with the Marketing Manager to ensure the smooth execution of our marketing strategy. Responsibilities include:
- Writing social media content that engages and expands our online community and aligns with our SEO strategy.
- Communicating with our audience daily by replying to messages sent to our social media accounts and responding to on-page comments. This includes monitoring all social media channels (Facebook and Instagram as well as third-party affiliates such as TripAdvisor and Book Yoga Retreats) to review audience conversations, provide responses, and pass feedback on to the appropriate department within Hridaya.
- Compiling multimedia content into a clear and manageable database. This includes making suggestions for additional content and identifying content that requires editing.
- Extracting data from social media channels and Google Analytics weekly and assisting in the compilation of reports.
- Coordinating print communications.
- Doing design work, if applicable.
- Performing other tasks as required by changing organizational needs.
- Meditation and yoga practitioner (required), Hridaya Yoga experience (desirable)
- Ability to make a minimum 3-month commitment to the position (required), a 6-month commitment is highly desirable
- Excellent copywriting skills, including knowledge of grammar and punctuation rules in U.S. English (required)
- Proven experience engaging an audience on personal social media platforms (required), at least one year of professional social media experience (highly desirable)
- A thorough understanding of what type of content works best on which social media platform and the skill to optimize content accordingly
- Strong visual intelligence, the capacity to discern the best graphics to accompany different types of posts to generate the most audience engagement
- Proficiency in Spanish (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and skill in graphic design (desirable)
- A strong sense of initiative and a drive to make Hridaya Yoga stand out, an understanding that our social media channels are the online “face” of the organization
- Proven ability to:
- Manage numerous social media channels, ensuring that content inspires, informs, attracts, and captivates an audience
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Think critically, solve problems, and suggest creative solutions
- Work in a structured yet flexible manner
- Handle a variety of tasks and coordinate multiple activities
- Strong organizational skills
- Humility, maturity, discernment
- Openness to receiving constructive and ongoing feedback
- Willingness to balance creativity with efficiency and selfless service, surrendering the attachment to outcomes and personal preferences
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole
- The ability to work effectively, flexibly, and lovingly in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- The ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- The ability to differentiate between supporting the work of Hridaya Yoga and personal objectives
- Aspiration, the commitment to spiritual transformation
- The desire to be a part of a blossoming spiritual community
Work Hours and Benefits:
The Social Media Assistant can expect to work 5 days per week, approximately 5 hours per day and will be open to working additional hours to support special events or when the need arises.
Our benefits package includes:
- Stipend of 4,000 Mexican pesos per month
- Two communal meals per working day
- The accrual of two vacation days per month
- Paid time off to participate in one 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat every 3 months
- Paid time off to participate in one complimentary 3-day workshop per 6-month period
- Complimentary enrollment in one Hridaya Yoga Module every 2 course cycles (attendance must be flexible and coordinated around the administrative workload)
- After a minimum of 4 months of service, the Social Media Assistant is eligible for a complimentary 2-day stay in the Hridaya Yoga Dark Room. Note that the time off will count against accrued vacation days and that other conditions apply.
To apply, please send your résumé or CV, samples of your work, and a letter of intent describing how your skills align with the position to Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org.