Hridaya Yoga Marketing Coordinator
The Marketing Department at Hridaya Yoga exists in order to help share the teachings of the Spiritual Heart. As such, all marketing efforts are formulated from the idea that through increasing the profile of Hridaya we are helping more people begin to discover their Divine Essence. Though a paid position, the Marketing Coordinator performs her/his job in the spirit of karma yoga, selfless service for the benefit of others.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the effective management of the marketing, advertising, and promotion of Hridaya Yoga Mexico. Working with the guidance of the Head of Administration and the Board of Directors, the Marketing Coordinator designs an overall marketing plan for the organization and oversees all aspects of its implementation. The Marketing Coordinator supervises a team of employees, volunteers, and consultants in order to achieve desired objectives.
- Lead a marketing team that will create strategies and execute new concepts, campaigns, and partnerships to increase the profile of Hridaya Yoga and therefore, help spread the teachings
- Work with other key staff to develop marketing strategies that align with the fundamental values of Hridaya
- Conduct research to determine potential new markets and perform outreach internationally and in Mexico
- Deepen relationships with media contacts to encourage the publication of articles about Hridaya Yoga in Mexico and internationally
- In collaboration with the Community Coordinator, develop relationships with hotels and other businesses in the Mazunte/San Agustinillo area, as well as in other key centers in Mexico
- Collect and analyze student feedback providing suggestions and strategy where required.
- In collaboration with the Community Coordinator, align our marketing and communications with the broader community vision.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Hridaya Yoga website, including emphasis on both SEO and UX.
- Lead all areas of content generation and production across all media platforms
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns.
- Writing and formatting of the Hridaya Yoga newsletter.
- Managing social media presence (Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram).
- Extending the social media presence into new platforms should the need or strategy arise.
- Generating and maintaining accounts on appropriate retreat booking websites and ensuring positive collaborations with these agencies.
- Collaborate with Hridaya Yoga teachers to create engaging blog posts for the Hridaya Yoga website.
- Designing and distributing print ads, event posters, brochures, calling cards, and publications.
- Creating promotional and educational videos that promote the school in all aspects.
- Taking overall responsibility for brand management and enhancing the Hridaya Yoga profile.
- Ensure messaging across all channels is consistent.
- Manage the marketing budget and perform a close analysis of return on investment.
- Collaborate with other departments within the organization in order to further marketing goals and enhance the overall functioning of the community.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that the entire Hridaya staff is informed about marketing objectives and campaigns.
- Create and implement a plan to publicize and support the activities of Hridaya teachers teaching internationally.
- Collaborate with Hridaya Yoga France to establish an international marketing strategy, and aligning marketing activity across all channels to ensure consistent messaging, and coordinated timelines.
Desired Qualifications & Attributes:
- Meditation and yoga practitioner (required), Hridaya Yoga experience (highly desirable)
- Ability to make a minimum 1-year commitment to the position
- Previous experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies, ideally in a multilingual, multicultural environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required), proficiency in Spanish (highly desirable)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to think strategically
- Experience developing and implementing engaging and fun social media campaigns
- The ability to lead, follow, take initiative, and take direction and the discernment to know when each is appropriate
- Fluency in analytical programs (Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, etc)
- Proven ability to manage and motivate staff and delegate tasks
- Creativity, persuasiveness, enthusiasm, desire to innovate
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole
- The ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- The ability to differentiate between your role in supporting the work of Hridaya Yoga and your own personal objectives
- Aspiration, the commitment to your own spiritual transformation
- The desire to be a part of a fast-growing spiritual community
Commitments and benefits:
The Marketing Coordinator can expect to work full-time (5 days per week, approximately 6 hours per day) and will be open to work additional hours to support special events or when the need arises.
Please note that the Hridaya Yoga Center is a non-smoking and drug-free facility. We cannot accept volunteers with alcohol issues, who currently smoke (including tobacco and plant medicine) or use any form of recreational drug.
Our benefit package includes:
- Stipend of minimum $6,000 MXN per month to be negotiated based on commitment and experience.
- Three communal meals Monday- Saturday during module cycles, and daily during retreats.
- The accrual of 2 vacation days per month, and for a minimum 12 month commitment eligibility for an additional one month of paid leave.
- Paid time off to participate in one 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat per 3 cycles. NOTE a cycle consists of a 5 week period and includes one module and one 10-Day retreat.
- Paid time off to participate in two 3-day workshops per year.
- Free enrollment in the Hridaya Yoga Modules (attendance may be flexible and must be coordinated around the administrative workload).
- After a minimum of 4 months of service, the Marketing Coordinator is eligible for a free 3-day stay in the Hridaya Yoga Dark Room (the time off will count against accrued vacation days).
- In addition, serving a noble purpose and living in the presence of those who share the same spiritual values and have similar aspirations for Truth and Awareness is an ineffable, unforgettable gift.
The ideal start date for this position is on or before 1 August 2019.
To apply, please send your résumé or CV and a letter of intent describing how your skills align with the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.