Hridaya Yoga Karma Yoga Manager Job Description
The Karma Yoga Manager supports our mission to share the teachings of the Spiritual Heart by inspiring the spirit of Karma Yoga within the Hridaya Yoga Community, Mazunte. The Karma Yoga Manager aims to continually develop the Karma Yoga Program in order to encourage and support all staff to cultivate and deepen their spiritual practice. Though a paid position, the Karma Yoga Manager performs her/his role in order to benefit others.
The Karma Yoga Manager reports to the General Manager and leads the Karma Yoga/Human Resources Department, by recruiting, orienting, supporting, and mentoring volunteers and other staff to foster the spiritual growth of the community. The Karma Yoga Manager promotes the Hridaya Community Vision by encouraging all staff to integrate everyday life into spirituality, leading by example and offering continual inspiration to live with an open Heart. With this Vision in mind, the Karma Yoga Manager also facilitates the overall harmonious functioning of the Center by continually seeking organizational development opportunities and improvements to individual job design, training and development. The Karma Yoga Manager serves in a manner that is coherent with the Hridaya Yoga Attitudes and Community Vision.
- Working with the Center Manager to set Karma Yoga and Human Resource Department priorities which are continually inspired by the Hridaya Community Vision; creating efficient means to record priorities and track progress of projects
- In consultation with the Center Manager, reviewing the organizational structure as well as service roles and responsibilities; recommending pay structure revisions as needed.
- Establishing a recruitment, selection, and staff development program for all staff which is inspired by the Hridaya Community Vision; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing feedback from regular meetings with staff and exit interviews; recommending changes as needed.
- Preparing all staff, including management, mentors and karma yogis for service by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- In consultation with the Center manager, approving, scheduling and recording administration staff and karma yogi holiday requests, as well as retreat and module participation
- Maintaining staff benefit programs and informing staff of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs; recommending changes as needed
- Monitoring and encouraging service in the spirit of Karma Yoga by training managers and mentors to inspire, coach and support staff; scheduling and facilitating karma yogi and management Heart and Discussion Circles; counseling staff and supervisors
- Developing and overseeing the Karma Yoga Program curriculum under the guidance of Sahajananda and the General Manager; requesting feedback from karma yogis, mentors, managers and other staff members; performing ongoing analysis of the program; suggesting improvements as needed
- Supporting current and future Center needs through the engagement, development, and preservation of staff; nurturing a positive service environment; building a strong sense of community by fostering a feeling of family amongst all staff members; i nspiring staff to live with an open Heart
- Assessing training needs of all departments and monitoring training programs; providing feedback and recommendations to management
- Bridging management and karma yogi relations by addressing disputes, grievances or other issues with an open Heart; mentoring other staff to also address these issues in a harmonious way
- Developing and monitoring overall staff systems and procedures across the organization to support the harmonious overall functioning of the Center ; sharing Karma Yoga and Human Resource Department policies and procedures with the entire staff ; recommending Management Guidelines; writing and updating a Karma Yoga Manager Manual; updating the New Student Orientation Guide and training staff to perform student orientations
- Creating systems for the backing up and filing of all relevant Karma Yoga Department files, including departmental manuals and program materials; maintains historical staff records by improving the existing electronic filing system; keeping past and current staff records; Updating and disseminating the staff contact list
- Working with the General Manager and Bookkeeper to develop departmental budget, tracking expenses following approved protocols
- Contributing to short- and long-term organizational planning and strategy as part of the Management Team
- Meditation and yoga practitioner (required), Hridaya Yoga experience (required)
- Commitment to Hridaya Yoga’s mission and vision
- Ability to make a 6-month minimum commitment to the position
- Hridaya Teacher (required); at least 2 years Hridaya Yoga teaching experience or equivalent experience in a comparable field such as counseling, human resources or community development (required); excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required); previous experience in group facilitation (highly desirable); a thoughtful, inspiring communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Proven organizational abilities with the skills to engage and inspire staff, and to mentor and
support both individuals and groups
- Strong problem solving, time management, and project management skills
- The ability to lead, follow, take initiative, and take direction and the wisdom to know
when each is appropriate
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the
good of the whole
- Humility, maturity, discernment, enthusiasm, openness, integrity, responsiveness
- The presence to remain calm under pressure
- Aspiration, a commitment to personal practice and spiritual transformation
- The desire to be a key member of the Hridaya Community and the commitment to
bringing all activities of daily life into the practice of living with an Open Heart
WORK HOURS AND BENEFITS:
The Karma Yoga Manager can expect to work full-time (6 days per week, approximately 7 hours per day) and will be open to work additional hours to support special events or when the need arises.
Our benefits package includes:
- Stipend of $6000 MXN per month
- Three communal meals per day (5 days per week)
- The accrual of 2 vacation days per month
- Paid time off to participate in two 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats per contract period of 6 months
- Paid time off to participate in one 3-day workshop
- Free enrollment in the Hridaya Yoga Modules (attendance may be flexible and must be coordinated around the administrative workload)
- After a minimum of 4 months of service, the Karma Yoga Manager is eligible for a free 3-day stay in the Hridaya Yoga Dark Room (the time off will count against accrued vacation days)
- Bonus: After the successful completion of the 6-month commitment, the participation in an additional 10-day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat will be offered as a bonus.
- In addition, serving a noble purpose and living in the presence of those who share the same spiritual values and have similar aspirations for Truth and Awareness is an ineffable, unforgettable gift
To apply, please send your résumé or CV and a letter of intent describing how your skills align with the position to Dee at email@example.com.