Hridaya Yoga IT Coordinator or IT Assistant
The IT department is the heart of every organization, yoga school or large corporate. We are looking for an IT Coordinator or IT Assistant, keen to develop into a full-time IT Coordinator role, to help us make a shift in our IT infrastructure.
This person is responsible for setting up and maintaining a Hridaya Yoga IT department. For the initial set up of this department, the IT Coordinator or IT Assistant, will work closely with key members of the administration team and Hridaya Board. As this is a long-term project, we are looking for people who can commit for a minimum of 6 months.
- Set up the department: Close alignment with key members of the Hridaya Board for the initial set up of the department. It may be possible that this role is supported by a karma yoga assistant.
- Organize IT equipment, create an IT inventory and safe IT storage space: Create an electronic system of our IT inventory, such as computers, mice, chargers, cables, cameras, lights, batteries, microphones, 12-v power supply, etc. Create and manage safe storage space of all equipment, tracking conditions of the equipment.
- Maintain IT hard- and software: Taking care of Hridaya’s computers, computer equipment, audio-visual equipment, and other IT-related items. He/she has knowledge about maintaining and setting up computers hardware and software (Microsoft & Apple) in Mazunte’s hot and humid environment.
- Repair appliances and IT equipment as needed.
- Works with all departments, to ensure regular back-ups of all files, organizing electronic archives.
- Maintains a master list of all Hridaya passwords and initiates regular changes of these. Backing up of marketing materials from hard drive to USB.
- Explore ideas of having an internal server to share files locally. Helps to create a new and intuitive google docs drive structure, reorganizing all existing Hridaya documents, especially by archiving no longer needed documents.
- Improve audio-systems of yoga halls (including creating networks for internal and external streaming of lectures).
- Conducts price research for all needed IT-products. Demonstrates cost-consciousness by aligning with persons coming from the US to Mazunte, long-term IT product planning and deciding on purchases to be made.
- Conducts internet trouble-shooting, manages email accounts & documentation of these.
- Creates and manages the IT budget.
- Documents all IT processes and prepares a handover manual for any future IT Coordinator.
- Meditation and yoga practitioner (required), Hridaya Yoga experience (highly desirable).
- Ability to make a minimum 6-month commitment to the position (1 year commitment preferable).
- Good verbal communication skills in English and proficiency in Spanish (desirable).
- An IT background or a strong interest and affinity for IT topics.
- Willingness and motivation to learn necessary IT knowledge if not already existing.
- Project management experience and a structured way of thinking to divide the needs of the IT department into different sub categories, drive and develop each category as separate project according to school’s priorities.
- Strong communicator in bringing IT changes into the school, with close support by Hridaya Yoga Management.
- Confidence and solution-orientation to deal with IT challenges.
- Practicality, handy, being able to fix products while having the discernment to judge if products are best fixed internally/externally.
- Experience working in a fast-paced setting while remaining calm.
- Honesty, trustworthiness, friendliness, maturity, discernment.
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole.
- The ability to differentiate between your role in supporting the work of Hridaya Yoga and your own personal objectives.
- Aspiration, the commitment to your own spiritual transformation.
- The desire to be a part of a fast-growing spiritual community.
The ability to lead, follow, take initiative, and take direction and the discernment to know when each is appropriate.
Please note that the Hridaya Yoga Center is a non-smoking and drug-free facility. We cannot accept volunteers with alcohol issues, who currently smoke (including tobacco and plant medicine) or use any form of recreational drug.
Commitments and Benefits
The IT Coordinator and the IT Assistant can expect to work full-time (5 days per week, approximately 6 hours per day) and will be open to working additional hours to support special events or when the need arises. Both positions would serve in four 10-Day Karma Yoga Retreats every six months.
Our benefits package includes
For the IT Coordinator role:
- Stipend (TBC).
- Three communal meals Monday-Saturday.
- The accrual of 2 vacation days per month.
- Paid time off to participate in two 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats every six months.
- Paid time off to participate in one 3-day Hridaya workshop every six months.
- Free enrolment in the Hridaya Yoga Modules (attendance may be flexible and must be coordinated around work).
- After a minimum of 4 months of service, the IT Coordinator is eligible for a free 3-day stay in the Hridaya Yoga Dark Room (this time will either be taken as unpaid leave or against accrued vacation days).
For the IT Assistant
- Three communal meals Monday-Saturday.
- Accomodation (dorm or tent, depending on the season) at our Einstein site.
- Two Hridaya Yoga Module at no charge in exchange for service of six cycles.
- Full participation in two 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats.
- 25% discount for Hridaya workshops.
- 50% discounted stay in the Hridaya dark room for a maximum period of five days, subject to further terms and conditions.
To apply, please send your résumé or CV and a letter of intent describing how your skills align with the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.