The Hridaya Yoga Manager supports Hridaya Yoga Mexico’s mission to share the teachings of the Spiritual Heart by directing and organizing the administrative activities needed to fulfill the vision and goals of the Hridaya Yoga Board of Directors. Hridaya is growing fast and is looking for a mindful, innovative, experienced manager to support the next stage of our development. Though in a paid position, Hridaya Managers performs their job in the spirit of Karma Yoga, selfless service for the benefit of others.
Working with the guidance of the members of the Hridaya Yoga Board of Directors, and together with the other members of the Hridaya Management team (of which there are three in total) the Managers design an overall strategic plan for the administration of the organization and oversees all aspects of its implementation. Management serve as the administrative “face” of Hridaya in Mexico and has operational responsibility for our staff, programs, physical location, marketing, outreach activities, international presence, and
financial systems. The management team leads in a manner that is coherent with the Hridaya Yoga Attitudes and Community Vision, and collaborates with Hridaya Yoga France’s administrative team to oversee the Hridaya mission internationally.
- Work closely with the members of the Hridaya Yoga Board of Directors to gain a thorough understanding of the mission of the organization and devise and implement a strategic plan to fulfill its short- and long-term goals.
- Coordinate with the Board and Management team to set timelines and allocate resources needed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Oversee projects undertaken by all departments to ensure objectives are met and all policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Review strategic plan on a monthly basis, evaluating progress and revising objectives as necessary to ensure effective and harmonious implementation; generate reports on activities in all departments (Marketing, Finance, etc.) and share this information in the monthly Board meeting.
- Share regular progress reports and operational updates with the Board (either in-person or via Skype/Zoom).
Financial Planning and Oversight
- Ensure the fiscal integrity of the organization via the creation of annual and monthly budgets as well as the daily monitoring of accounting systems.
- Work with our accountant and bookkeeper to create annual, quarterly, and monthly financial reports (budget comparison analysis, cash flow analysis, balance sheets, operational costs analysis, etc.) to ensure maximum resource utilization.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legally required financial reporting for local and national taxes.
- Periodically and systematically conduct financial and economic audits to ensure the efficient and secure handling of all financial resources, contracts, staff salaries, utilities, etc.
Leadership & Management
- Communicate Hridaya Yoga values, strategies, and objectives to all staff members, directing the energy of the group to achieve the spiritual objectives of the organization; develop a mindful, productive work culture.
- Recruit, select, orient, train, coach, and counsel the management team and oversee the hiring and management of departmental staff.
- Verify that staff members follow approved administrative policies and procedures in all daily operations; ensure the efficient implementation of administrative systems
- Meet weekly with managers to set overall goals and monthly objectives, review departmental progress, provide support, and find solutions to pending issues.
- Attend and conduct regular staff meetings, holding space for the flowering of selfless service.
- Inspire and encourage the professional and spiritual development of all employees.
- When applicable, engage staff in Heart-centered conflict resolution.
- Sign all agreements, notes, and other required documentation on behalf of the organization.
Community Development & Public Relations
- Serve as Hridaya Yoga Mexico’s primary spokesperson to our students, the media, and the general public.
- Identify community development goals and objectives and analyze progress towards meeting them; report such analyses to the Board on a quarterly basis.
- Develop relationships with hotels and other businesses in the Mazunte/San Agustinillo area as well as in other key centers in Mexico and internationally.
- Enhance Hridaya’s image by attending community meetings in Mazunte/San Agustinillo, being active and visible in the community, and working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Maintain and develop relationships with leaders of yoga schools, spiritual centers, and other key organizations (locally, nationally, and internationally) to cultivate long-term strategic partnerships.
- Hold regular community meetings for students in Mazunte; keep an open line of communication with Board members, staff, students, and teachers in Mazunte as well as members of the Hridaya Yoga community residing in other areas.
- Work with the management of Hridaya Yoga France to support the development of our global community and organize international Hridaya events.
- Pursue opportunities to publicize Hridaya and the Hridaya teachings in international media and social media outlets.
- Collaborate with the Board and the Program Manager to ensure that our international teachers are provided necessary resources and support.
- Collect feedback and analyze insights from students, local community members, and online reviews in order to better serve our community and further the goals of the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of the plan for the conscious expansion of the Hridaya Community in Mexico.
- Participate in Hridaya Yoga courses and daily meditations to support spiritual transformation.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices for the staff management and the implementation of administrative systems by reading appropriate texts, finding mentors, and/or attending professional development trainings.
- Strong commitment to Hridaya Yoga’s mission and vision.
- Meditation and yoga practitioner (required), Hridaya Yoga experience (highly desirable).
- Three or more years senior management experience, preferably in a spiritual community or non-profit organization.
- Ability to make a 2-year commitment to the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and proficiency in Spanish (desired, but not essential); a thoughtful, inspiring communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Business acumen; solid budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- A mindful, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Proven organizational abilities with the skills to engage and inspire staff, manage and support efficient work teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and create efficient systems for the smooth overall functioning of the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, and project management skills.
- Solid marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to lead, follow, take initiative, and take direction and the wisdom to know when each is appropriate.
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole.
- Humility, maturity, discernment, enthusiasm, integrity, self-discipline, and responsiveness.
- The presence to remain calm under pressure.
- Aspiration, the commitment to personal practice and spiritual transformation.
- The desire to be a key member of a fast-growing spiritual community and the commitment to bringing all activities of daily life into the practice of living with an Open Heart.
WORK HOURS AND BENEFITS:
A Hridaya Yoga Management position is more of a calling than a job—the right person has an inner motivation to serve in whatever ways best support the development of the Hridaya Yoga Community and spread the teachings of the Spiritual Heart to as many people as possible. As such, the Manager can expect to work full-time (5 days per week, approximately 7 hours per day) and will be open to serving additional hours to support special events or when the need arises. Although we seek to provide a harmonious and consistent work environment, the Manager is always on-call and may occasionally step in to help in case of emergency. We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- Two communal meals per day during module cycles, three meals per day during retreats. (Note no meals are served on certain days when the school is closed: Mondays following retreats and every Sunday during module cycles).
- The accrual of 2 vacation days per month, plus an additional 20 days of paid leave annually, after 9 months of service.
- Paid time off to participate in three 10-Day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats per year (to be taken every 4 months).
- Paid time off to participate in two 3-day workshops per year.
- Free enrollment in the Hridaya Yoga Modules (attendance may be flexible and must be coordinated around the administrative workload).
- After a minimum of 4 months of service, the Manager is eligible for a free 3-day stay in the Hridaya Yoga Dark Room (the time off will count against accrued vacation days).
- In addition, serving a noble purpose and living in the presence of those who share the same spiritual values and have similar aspirations for Truth and Awareness is an ineffable, unforgettable gift.
To apply, please send your résumé or CV and a letter of intent describing how
your skills align with the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.