The Breath of the Heart
A 3-Day Hridaya Pranayama Workshop
with Claud Vaduva and Iris
November 3–5, 2023
Presented in English in Mazunte, Mexico
Discover the Intimate Connection between the Mind and the Breath
Immerse yourself in the profound world of pranayama from the unique perspective of Hridaya Yoga. Inspired by the teachings of Ramana Maharishi, this workshop with Claud and Iris offers an experiential journey through the breath, guiding you towards inner stillness and the profound depths of Self-Inquiry.
It’s said that when the mind is quieted, the soul speaks. Through a variety of explorative pranayama techniques, we’ll still the chatter of the mind, creating fertile ground for genuine introspection and Self-awareness. By harnessing the power of the breath, we can fortify our physical health and pave the way for emotional and spiritual transformation.
At the heart of the workshop lies a profound truth: the intimate, inseparable connection between the mind and the breath. As Ramana Maharshi eloquently said, “Let what comes come, let what goes go. Find out what remains.” When we engage in practices that quiet the mind through the breath, we peel back the layers of thought and perception. In that space of emptiness, what remains is pure, unadulterated Awareness. This Awareness, this Presence, is the very essence of the Self and is an embodiment of our True Nature. This workshop is a journey to experiencing this realization, understanding that Awareness, Presence, and the Self are all reflections of the same luminous reality.
When prana, the vital life force, is activated and flows freely, it brings about an innate sense of peace, contentment, love, and nourishment. But our pranic energy can often get blocked due to physical and emotional traumas or stress, resulting in somatized contractions in our physical and energetic-emotional bodies. Through pranayama, we can dissolve these blocks, creating space for the tranquility of the mind and deep inner healing.
This Hridaya Pranayama workshop is a tapestry of techniques and wisdom, offering a transformative exploration of breath and being. Join us in this intimate dance with the breath, where every inhalation and exhalation becomes a step closer to the Heart’s silent song. Partake in this sacred communion with the breath, and unearth the boundless treasures that lie within.
Highlights of This Workshop Include:
- Learning conscious breathing practices and experiencing how they support Self-awareness
- Experiencing the breath’s innate ability to bring contentment, reduce desires, and calm the mind
- Mastering long breaths, with extended inhalations, exhalations, and retentions
- Delving into the art of the quiet breath, cultivating a lightness and joy in breathing
- Practicing specific pranayamas for holistic well-being
- Shifting from ego-driven breath to spiritually conscious breathing
- Learning subtle ways of breathing, like the ethereal Breathing through the Pores
- Exploring natural pranayama, breath that naturally flows by itself and is deeply unifying
- Experimenting with rhythmic breathing and accessing different states of consciousness through different rhythms
- Developing an awareness of the diaphragm, a key element in profound breathing techniques
- Exploring the symbiotic relationship between the breath, feelings, emotions, and chakras
- Receiving a supplementary integrative practice program for the continuation of your journey post-workshop, ensuring that the essence of Hridaya perpetually blossoms
Each Workshop Day Features Three Sessions:
|8:30*–11:00 am||Morning Session (*starts at 7:00 am on days 2 & 3)|
|11:00 am–3:00 pm||Breakfast and Break|
|3:00–5:00 pm||Afternoon Session|
|5:00–6:00 pm||Dinner Break|
|6:00–7:00 pm||Evening Session|
Pricing and Registration
Click Pricing and Registration for information and to register for this workshop.
Free Introduction and Q&A Sessions: October 10th at 8:15 pm and October 30th at 8:15 am
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Mazunte, Mexico.
- This workshop is open to all. No prior experience is required.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the costs still exceed your means, you are welcome to apply for our low-income discount.