Module 3 of the Hridaya Yoga Retreat offers our students more refined tools to bring awareness of the subtle bodies, to quiet the mind and to expand the capacity of witnessing sensations, emotions, and thoughts. The teachings are mainly based on traditional hatha yoga texts, such as the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Gheranda Samhita, and the Shiva Samhita.
The course program of the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 3 includes:
- Deep hatha yoga sessions that feature a comprehensive explanation of the new asanas introduced in the course.
Concentration & Meditation
- A variety of methods to amplify mental power and induce clarity, including ocular convergence, etc.
- Head mudras (shambhavi mudra, etc.)
- Hand mudras for meditation
- Favorable moments for meditation
- The 5 States of Mind in Classical Yoga
Bandhas – Ways of Redirecting the Flow of Energy
- A thorough introduction to the role and significance of bandhas, a special class of hatha yoga techniques that involve intense awareness and the stoppage and redirection of the flow of subtle energy, prana
- The understanding and practice of:
• mula bandha, “the root lock”
• jalandhara bandha, “Jalandhara’s lock”
- A practice coming from Ramana Maharshi’s tradition that calms the mind by prolonging the breathing cycles
- A very powerful yoga practice for purifying the body and the subtle structures and inducing the awareness of the subconscious mind.
The course program of Module 3 is supplemented by a textbook that provides a wealth of additional information to support the understanding of each day’s teachings.
Module 3 consists of 10 days of instruction that span a month’s course cycle. Each day includes a 4-hour hatha yoga class that includes a lecture. A weekly discussion group rounds out the program.
Students may also choose to participate in other optional events at the Hridaya Yoga Center:
- One-hour daily morning meditations led by Sahajananda or another senior Hridaya teacher
- The Hridaya Tapas Program, designed to help students build up and refine their individual hatha yoga practice
- Monthly 3- or 10-day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats (which begin directly after the end of the Module 3 course)
- Additional events, including movie nights, devotional singing evenings, lectures, etc.
Participation in Module 3 is limited to graduates of Module 2. The course may not be taken on a drop-in basis but only by enrollment.
View all upcoming Module 3 dates below and click Register Now to book.
|February 18 - March 14, 2019|
|April 1 - 25, 2019|
|May 6 - 30, 2019|
|June 10 - July 4, 2019|
|July 15 - August 8, 2019|
|August 19 - September 12, 2019|
|September 23 - October 17, 2019|
|October 28 - November 21, 2019|
|December 2 - 26, 2019|