Building on the experience of Module 1, Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 2 allows students the opportunity to delve even more profoundly into the teachings of traditional Hatha Yoga and the beauty of the Consciousness of Oneness.
Curriculum of Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 2
The Module 2 course program features:
- Deep Hatha Yoga sessions that feature a comprehensive explanation of 10 additional asanas
- An initiation in Nada Yoga, the Yoga of Subtle Sounds, and the practice of nada yoga meditation with a mantra
- The practice of trataka, a yogic technique for concentrating and purifying the mind
- An additional technique for Yoga Nidra, the Yoga of Lucid Sleep
A thorough introduction to prana and pranayama, including:
- Complete yogic breathing
- Rhythmic breathing exercises for lucid dreaming and psychic purification
- Alternate nostril breathing
Lectures on important topics, including: Yogic Healing, the Witness Consciousness, the 14 Hridaya Attitudes, Sublimation, Detachment, and the kleshas (the afflictions of ignorance, egoism, attachment, aversion, and fear of death).
3-Day Juice Fast
In addition to practical and theoretical class sessions, students may choose to join a guided 3-day juice fast.
The course program of Module 2 is supplemented by a textbook of over 270 pages that provides a wealth of additional information to support the understanding of each day’s teachings.
Module 2 is a 67-hour accredited YACEP program.
Module 2 consists of 13 days of instruction that span a month’s course cycle. Each day includes a 2-hour and 45-minute Hatha Yoga class that is followed by a lecture. Daily morning meditations and a weekly discussion group round out the program.
Module 2 students may also choose to participate in other events at the Hridaya Yoga Center:
- One-hour daily morning meditations led by Sahajananda or another senior Hridaya teacher
- The Hridaya Tapas Program, designed to help students build up and refine their individual Hatha Yoga practice
- Monthly 3- or 10-day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreats (which begin directly after the end of the Module 2 course)
- Additional events, including movie nights, devotional singing evenings, lectures, etc.
Participation in Module 2 is limited to graduates of Module 1. The course may not be taken on a drop-in basis, but only by enrollment.
View all upcoming Module 2 dates below and click Register Now to book.
|December 1 - 24, 2020||Register Now|
|January 5 - 28, 2021||Register Now|
|February 12 - March 7, 2021||Register Now|
|April 2 - 25, 2021||Register Now|
|May 14 - June 6, 2021||Register Now|