Art of Awareness Workshop
March 7 - 11, 2021
Course Fee: $200 USD (Accommodation extra)
Course Dates: March 8–10
Accommodation Dates: March 7–11
Let the wisdom of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra open you to a more intimate experience of yourself. This fundamental and fascinating Tantric text will teach you how to use everything—from commonplace daily experiences to sublime contemplations—to reveal the Consciousness of Oneness, your fundamental unity with the Self.
With Hridaya founder Sahajananda as your guide, you’ll spend three days exploring an intriguing array of practices that flow naturally from the intuition of the Spiritual Heart and demonstrate the potential for life to blend joyful mystical celebration and silent Self-Inquiry. As you develop a broader understanding of the spiritual path and how you can walk it in countless situations, you’ll begin to blossom in Freedom and Love.
Join us and learn to reveal the beauty inherent in every moment.
Please note that this is a traditional, spiritual course. The techniques shared may appear straightforward but require a thorough metaphysical explanation. Although we’ll devote much time to practice, when joining us, be aware that there are also satsangs (lectures), short video presentations, formal meditations, etc. Being open to this format will help you understand the subtleties of the teachings and experience them in a more profound level.
To support your practice, you’ll receive a printed booklet of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra.
Join Us and Explore
- The teachings and practices of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, including examples of the techniques as depicted in film
- The visualization and arousal of kundalini shakti
- Micro-practices (moments of intense awareness and energy)
- The 5 kinds of breath awareness and their relation to the void
- Sufi whirling
- The celebration of both the abundance and lack of energy
- Falling in love with both pure Light and Darkness
- Yoga Nidra, the yoga of sleep
- Coming to the very origin of a desire—the joy of eating, drinking, aesthetic inspiration, and sexual pleasure
- Discovering the center of two thoughts, perceptions, etc.
- The three fundamental paths (upayas) in Kashmir Shaivism, emphasizing Shaktopaya, the path of energy
- Awareness practices (dharanas) based on breath, light, time, fire, the space of the Heart, darkness, and sound
- Attitudes for constant Self-awareness: Bhairava and krama mudras, soham, etc.
The workshop will begin in the morning, so we suggest arriving in Mazunte the day before the course starts. If you are not staying on-site, please come to the Hridaya Yoga Center by 8:15 am on the first day to complete the registration process.
Morning Session: 8:30 am-1:00 pm
Afternoon Session: 4:00-7:00 pm
This workshop provides 21 hours of continuing education credit for Yoga Alliance teachers.