From Pain to Peace Workshop – Transmuting Suffering into Awareness
with Claudiu Vaduva
December 23 - 25, 2019
A 3-Day workshop about the Art of Transforming Suffering into Awareness
Course Fee: $180 USD (Accommodation and meals extra)
From Pain to Peace is a workshop dedicated to transmuting pain and suffering into awareness and presence. For some, the suffering is very apparent while for most it is hidden in the common human condition of feeling disconnected, a deep dissatisfaction resulting in constantly seeking to change one’s current state with an imagined better situation, a never-ending series of adjustments.
During the workshop, we will learn practical methods to transmute past or current suffering, traumas or difficulties into awareness, as well as transforming the pain that comes with common psychological conditions related to judging, guilt, shame, jealousy, etc. Shifting to awareness from anger, sadness, or intense emotions, can be a powerful transformative spiritual practice when done skillfully.
Buddha taught that suffering is the direct consequence of a lack of understanding. During the workshop, spiritual practices and methods from modern psychology are employed (see Content below) to bring a shift in understanding and a deepening in love.
This workshop will focus on increasing self-love and compassion, the generosity of forgiveness, and the importance of living an authentic life imbued with pure intentions.
From a vast collection of available material, specific topics relevant to the particular needs of the participants will be selected, for example:
- Spiritual foundation principles as the basis of our daily living
- Approaches to amplify Awareness during times of difficulties
- Development of deep trust and centerdness in the face of adversity
- Learning how to Live with an Open Heart
- The importance of clarity, discernment and intentions to transformative processes
- The freedom found in living authentically instead of fearfully bypassing
- Yogic supportive attitudes, such as non-attachment, contentment, non-violence, and truthfulness
- Methods of profound relaxation using Hatha Yoga and breathing (pranayama)
- Brain neurology and correlations to understanding spiritual approaches to facing powerful emotions, compulsions, addictions, depression
- Yogic Chakra psychology approach and corresponding purification practices
- Self-Tonglen, a Tibetan method of amplifying self-compassion and love
- NLP techniques to shift perception of past events
- and more
The workshop will begin in the morning, so we suggest arriving in Mazunte the day before the course starts.
Please arrive to all sessions 5 minutes prior to start time.
Morning Sessions: 7:00 am-11:00 am (with breakfast break)
Afternoon Sessions: 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
Morning Sessions: 8:00 am-12:00 am (with breakfast break)
Afternoon Sessions: 4:00 pm-8:00 pm
Module 1 students will be able to join the M1 lectures on Mon and Tue, thus not missing out on those relevant topics.
During the workshop, we invite you to join us for vegan meals served with love in the Hridaya Yoga Dining Room. Breakfast and dinner will be available for all 3 days of the course. Please book meals during checkout.
Notebook and pen.