Yoga Therapy Immersion
A 3-Week Integration of Yoga and Western Medicine for Yoga Teachers, Advanced Practitioners, and Health Professionals
with Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest
August 23-September 11, 2021
Presented in English
Gain Confidence in Your Guidance and Use Holistic
Techniques to Create Deeper Connections
This extensive 3-week (160+-hour) program allows you to step into the fascinating, effective, and truly integrative field of yoga therapy.
You will learn methods to bridge the modern scientific knowledge of the West with the ancient, experiential wisdom of the East, giving you tools to connect on a deeper level with your students or patients.
Led by Ann-Sophie Briest, a medical doctor, certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), and yoga teacher (RYS-500), and Anneke Louise, a yoga and meditation teacher and certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), you will build confidence as a teacher and/or practitioner by gaining knowledge in one-on-one physiognomic and holistic therapy.
The course will lead you on a profound journey into yourself—greatly increasing your self-acceptance, self-knowledge, and mindfulness—by using the physical body as a gateway.
Whether you’re a healthcare professional, yoga teacher, or advanced practitioner, this course will profoundly inspire you and your practice.
Join Us and Dive Deep Into:
- The concept of fascia as the body’s largest sensory organ
- Tensegrity and its bodily equivalent, the “fascia line system”
- Myofascial release and trauma-sensitive practice
- The relevance and application of safety
- The art of relaxation
- Pain in its acute and chronic forms
- Systematic body reading and thorough postural analysis
- Breath work and the relevance of the autonomic nervous system
- Mindfulness training
- Therapist training
- Meditation practices supporting awareness across the five yogic bodies
*Please note that Sunday, August 29 and Sunday, September 5 are days off.
|9:00-12:30||Lecture, yoga therapy class, group exploration|
|13:00-14:30||Break: Time to rest and continue group exercises/homework|
|15:00-19:00||Lecture, yoga therapy class, group exploration|
It has always been Ann-Sophie’s aspiration to bridge the modern, scientific knowledge of the West with the ancient, experiential wisdom of the East. As a medical doctor, yoga therapist (C-IAYT), yoga teacher (RYS-500), and a yoga practitioner (ten years’ experience), her expertise lies in the field of therapy.
Ann-Sophie understands that health refers to all levels of the being. As such, her teachings and treatments reflect a purely integrative approach.
On a personal level, her sense of being “healthy and alive” is enhanced by being in the company of loving friends and family, spending time in nature, and regular meditation practice.
Ann-Sophie Briest and Anneke Louise
Anneke is an enthusiast of life, connectivity, and that which drives humans to evolve and aspire. This motivated her to pursue an international career in sustainable business and talent development. It also fueled her passion for yoga.
Anneke has experienced yoga’s deep healing power on many occasions—first as a fervent practitioner and student, and later as a teacher. Finally, her passion got the better of her, and from this, Samarasa Healing was born.
As a yoga and meditation practitioner, a Hridaya Yoga teacher (HTTC 2015), and a certified yoga therapist, Anneke now offers workshops and teacher trainings internationally. Ann-Sophie understands that health refers to all levels of the being. As such, her teachings and treatments reflect a purely integrative approach.
Pricing and Application
Application and Costs
Admission to this program is by application. Please click the link below to pay the deposit and begin the application process.
|August 22–September 12, 2021||Yoga Therapy Immersion||Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest||Apply Now|
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Longeval, France.
- An administrative deposit of €250 is required when submitting an application for this program. This deposit is non-refundable except in the event that you are not accepted into either program. If you cancel for Covid-19 related reasons and the program still runs, you will be invited to postpone until the next course date.
- The full tuition price of the Yoga Therapy Immersion is €1,800 (including the administrative deposit).
- Upon acceptance to the course, you will be sent a booking link with complete pricing information and options for food and accommodation. As a guide, accommodation costs range from €13 per night for a dorm to €66 per night for a double en suite room. A full meal plan (three meals a day from dinner on the day of arrival to breakfast on the day of departure) costs €20 per day with individual meal plan options available. All prices include tax.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure. Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day.
- Please read our on-site Covid-19 measures before booking.
- For more information about our center, including how to get to Longeval, please visit this page.