Yoga Therapy Immersion: Modules 2 & 3
Body Decoded & 1-On-1 Therapist Formation
Merging the Very Best of Yoga and Western Medicine For Yoga Teachers, Advanced Practitioners, and Health Professionals
with Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest
September 21–October 3, 2022
Presented in English in Longeval, France
Gain Confidence in Your Guidance and Use Holistic Techniques
to Create Deeper Understanding and Awareness
This extensive program allows you to go further into the fascinating, effective, and truly integrative field of yoga therapy.
You will learn methods to bridge the modern scientific knowledge of the West with the ancient, experiential wisdom of the East, gaining tools to connect on a deeper level with your practice, students, or patients.
Led by Ann-Sophie Briest, a medical doctor, certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), and yoga teacher (RYS-500), and Anneke Louise, a trauma-informed yoga and meditation teacher (RYS-500, YACEP) and certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT), you will build confidence as a teacher and/or practitioner by gaining knowledge in individualized holistic therapy.
The course will lead you on a profound journey into yourself—greatly increasing your self-acceptance, self-knowledge, and mindfulness—by using the physical body as a gateway.
Whether you’re a healthcare professional, yoga teacher, or advanced practitioner, this course will profoundly inspire you and your practice.
Module 2: Body Decoded
Module 3: 1-On-1 Therapist Formation
September 27–October 3
- Study each body part in-depth—bridging scientific knowledge with the experiential wisdom of yoga
- Learn how to prevent injuries as well as improve healing after an accident or surgery by understanding physical restrictions as well as resources
- Greatly improve your awareness of your own movement patterns and start to be able to read other bodies during yoga practice
- Other highlights include a focus on:
- Pathologies and healing strategies for every body part: feet, knees, hips, pelvis, spine, chest, and shoulders
- The autonomic nervous system and how to influence it through yogic practices
- The yoga therapy approach to acute and chronic forms of pain
- Individualized asana performance tailored to each body part
- The science and experience of yogic breathwork
- Physical restriction and its subsequent bodily compensations
- The use of props, individualized variations, and alignment to support healing
- Approaches to mindfulness training that support awareness across the yogic bodies
- Learn how to give a private yoga therapy session—offering practices tailored to everyone’s needs
- Be mentored in giving your first sessions to external clients
- Explore trauma-informed yoga teaching
- Understand the relevance of the psychosomatic connection, especially during healing
- Clarify the immense opportunities yoga therapy offers in the modern health system and its limitations
- Develop a moral and ethical compass to guide you on your yoga therapy journey
A NOTE FOR YOGA TEACHERS: Both modules count towards our +100 and +300 Yoga Therapy Teacher Certification.
Schedule subject to change.
It has always been Ann-Sophie’s aspiration to bridge the modern, scientific knowledge of the West with the ancient, experiential wisdom of the East. As a medical doctor, yoga therapist (C-IAYT), yoga teacher (RYS-500), and yoga practitioner (ten years’ experience), her expertise lies in the field of therapy.
Ann-Sophie understands that health refers to all levels of the being. As such, her teachings and treatments reflect a purely integrative approach.
On a personal level, her sense of being “healthy and alive” is enhanced by being in the company of loving friends and family, spending time in nature, and regular meditation practice.
Anneke (MSc, C-IAYT) is a trauma-informed and certified yoga therapist and Hridaya Yoga teacher (HTTC 2015, RYS-500, YACEP) with a passion for integrative health. Featuring a unique combination that bridges biomedical science and ancient wisdom from the yogic tradition, her teachings are experienced as fascinating and rich.
Anneke is an enthusiast of life, connectivity, and that which drives humans to evolve and aspire. She has experienced yoga’s deep healing power on many occasions—first as a fervent practitioner and student and later as a teacher. Finally, her passion got the better of her, and from this, Samarasa Academy was born.
Pricing and Application
YTI Modules 2 and 3 may be done as a 2-week course, or you may attend each week separately. Note that admission to Module 3 requires the completion of the two prior modules.
Admission to this program is by application. Please click the appropriate link below to pay the deposit and begin the application process.
|September 20–October 4, 2022||Yoga Therapy Immersion: Modules 2 & 3||Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest||Apply Now|
|September 20–September 27, 2022||Yoga Therapy Immersion: Module 2||Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest||Apply Now|
|September 26–October 4, 2022||Yoga Therapy Immersion: Module 3||Anneke Louise and Ann-Sophie Briest||Apply Now|
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Longeval, France.
- A non-refundable administrative deposit of €50 is required when applying for this program.
- The full tuition fee for Yoga Therapy Immersion Modules 2 & 3 is €1,500 (including the administrative deposit). If you book only one of the modules, it is €750.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure. Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day.
- Admission requirements: For Module 2, we highly recommend, but do not require, prior participation in Module 1 (PAFI). For Module 3, the completion of Modules 1 and 2 is required. However, in certain cases, we may make an exception. Please contact us for more information.
- For more information about our center, including how to get to Longeval, please visit this page.