Serve at Hridaya
Serving at our center is a wonderful opportunity to integrate daily life into spirituality in a supportive and caring environment. As the Center is a vibrant, busy place, we have a wide range of positions requiring a variety of skills.
We strive to create an environment that reflects the Hridaya Yoga Attitudes and Community Vision. There is a special emphasis on seeing our work as an essential aspect of our spiritual practice. As such, we look for people who have a commitment to their own spiritual transformation and a sincere desire to serve.
Whether we work in the kitchen, teach students, or create marketing campaigns, we know that our efforts are in service of introducing more people to the Hridaya teachings and supporting them on the path of the Spiritual Heart, while serving within our guidelines.
Working at Hridaya is an opportunity to step out of ourselves and into the flow of Divine Grace.
- Marketing Coordinator
- Spanish Translator
- IT Coordinator or IT Assistant
- Hridaya Yoga Teachers
More and more students are joining us, and this presents a great opportunity for graduates of the Hridaya Teacher Training Course to share the teachings in Mazunte. Read more.
- Karma Yogis
We are always on the lookout for those who wish to volunteer for a minimum of 3 cycles (15 weeks) as part of our Karma Yoga Program. Information about this life-changing experience is available here.
While each role may require different skills, the following qualifications are encouraged in all staff, teachers, and Karma Yogis:
- Aspiration and the commitment to their own spiritual transformation
- Interest in practicing yoga and meditation
- Desire to be part of a blossoming spiritual community
- Interest in supporting our center as a place of retreat for themselves and others
- Desire to explore living with an Open Heart
- A spirit of service
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Strong organizational skills, accountability, and ability to multitask
- Ability to lead, follow, take initiative, and take direction and the discernment to know when each is appropriate
- Capacity to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to differentiate between their role in supporting the work of Hridaya Yoga and their own personal objectives
- Openness to constructive feedback
- Responsibility, trustworthiness, patience, humbleness, and maturity