Hridaya Yoga Mexico
We are grateful to be able to continue sharing the teachings of the Heart amid the ongoing pandemic. As we value the health of our students, staff, and local community, we have put safety protocols in place to minimize the risk of virus transmission. However, when considering visiting us, please be aware that the nature of our center makes interactions in public spaces inevitable. Therefore if you have any significant concerns about catching the virus, it may be better for you to postpone your visit until after the pandemic subsides.
We see these guidelines not as restrictions but as opportunities to actively practice compassion for ourselves and others. When joining us in Mazunte, you agree to honor them. Should you be unwilling to do so, we may ask you to leave.
- Handwashing stations and antibacterial hand sanitizer are available. We encourage frequent handwashing.
- We provide disinfectant spray to be used in shared spaces such as bathrooms, drinking water stations, and meditation halls.
- Our kitchen team serves all meals. There is no self-service.
- We will provide you with a mat and meditation cushions to use for the duration of your course. Although the risk of surface transmission is low, these items will be for your use alone to mitigate any potential issues.
- If you develop any Covid-19 related symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, headache, difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, red eyes, muscle or joint pain, loss of taste or smell, etc.), you agree to inform our administrative staff immediately. We will evaluate the situation, and you may be asked to quarantine or leave the course.
REFUND AND CREDIT GUIDELINES
- In the event that we close the school due to a shutdown on the local or national level, we will provide you with a full refund.
- If your country of residence bans travel to Mexico, we will provide you a full refund minus a 3% credit card transaction fee. Please check your country’s travel restrictions before booking.
- If you contract Covid-19 and need to cancel your enrollment, we will issue you a full refund minus a 3% credit card transaction fee upon receipt of a note from a medical professional or verification of a positive test result.
- Credits: If you present symptoms after the course begins and we determine that you must leave a program, we will credit you based on the following guidelines:
- Course Fees:
- Meditation Retreats and Workshops: We will issue you a credit for your course fee, prorated for the number of days you have already attended.
- Yoga Modules: No refunds or credits are available, but you may return to complete the course at a future time.
- Meal Fees: If you cancel your meals due to illness, we will issue you a credit for the cost of your remaining meals.
- Accommodation Fees: If you cancel your on-site accommodation, we will issue you a credit, prorated for the number of nights remaining in your stay.
- Course Fees:
Note that we will not issue a refund or credit if you are asked to leave due to a lack of compliance with our safety protocols.
LOCAL CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
For the most up-to-date information about coronavirus infection rates and restrictions in our home state of Oaxaca, please visit this page. At the top, you will see a color (red–orange–yellow–green) that indicates the level of restriction imposed by the government. Below, you can see the current number of active cases in the area. Although Mazunte doesn’t appear on this list, our closest towns are San Pedro Pochutla and Santa María Tonameca, so looking at this data should give you a rough idea of the prevalence of infection locally.
Our center is located between two villages. While coronavirus safety protocols are in place locally, they are not always followed. We encourage you to take the same precautions outside of our center as you do on-site.