The Art of Awareness
A 3-Day Workshop on
Uncovering Your True Nature
March 8–10, 2021
Dive into the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
Let the wisdom of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra open you to a more intimate experience of yourself. This fundamental and fascinating Tantric text will teach you how to use everything—from commonplace daily experiences to sublime contemplations—to reveal the Consciousness of Oneness, your fundamental unity with the Self.
With Hridaya founder Sahajananda as your guide, you’ll spend three days exploring an intriguing array of practices that flow naturally from the intuition of the Spiritual Heart and demonstrate the potential for life to blend joyful mystical celebration and silent Self-Inquiry. As you develop a broader understanding of the spiritual path and how you can walk it in countless situations, you’ll begin to blossom in Freedom and Love.
Join us and learn to reveal the beauty inherent in every moment.
Please note that this is a traditional, spiritual course. The techniques shared may appear straightforward but require a thorough metaphysical explanation. Although we’ll devote much time to practice, when joining us, be aware that there are also satsangs (lectures), short video presentations, formal meditations, etc. Being open to this format will help you understand the subtleties of the teachings and experience them on a more profound level.
To support your practice, you’ll receive a printed booklet of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra.
This workshop provides 21 hours of continuing education credit for Yoga Alliance teachers.
Join Us and Explore:
- The teachings and practices of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, including examples of the techniques as depicted in film
- The visualization and arousal of Kundalini Shakti
- Micro-practices (moments of intense awareness and energy)
- The 5 kinds of breath awareness and their relation to the void
- Sufi whirling
- The celebration of both the abundance and lack of energy
- Falling in love with both pure Light and Darkness
- Yoga Nidra, the yoga of sleep
- Coming to the very origin of a desire—the joy of eating, drinking, aesthetic inspiration, and sexual pleasure
- Discovering the center of two thoughts, perceptions, etc.
- The three fundamental paths (upayas) in Kashmir Shaivism, emphasizing Shaktopaya, the path of energy
- Awareness practices (dharanas) based on breath, light, time, fire, the space of the Heart, darkness, and sound
- Attitudes for constant Self-awareness: Bhairava and krama mudras, soham, etc.
“There is nothing critical, there is nothing urgent, except Self-Awareness.” –Sahajananda
|Each day of the workshop will have a morning and an evening session. You’re also invited to join morning meditation from 7:00–8:00 am.|
|Morning Sessions:||8:30 am–1:00 pm|
|Afternoon Sessions:||4:00–7:00 pm|
Pricing and Registration
The Art of Awareness Workshop is offered in English at our beautiful oceanside center in Mexico. Click Pricing and Registration for a list of prices and accommodation types available for this course.
Pricing and Registration
- This workshop is open to all; no prior meditation experience is required.
- Please read our Coronavirus Safety Guidelines as well as our Registration Guidelines before booking.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure.
- Registration hours on check-in day are from 12:00-2:00 pm. If you are not staying on-site and have paid in full, please arrive by 8:15 am on the first day of the workshop.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the rates still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for our low-income discount.
Have a question? Contact us