Hridaya Yoga Registration Assistant Job Description
The Registration Office is the first point of contact for most Hridaya Yoga students and therefore plays a vital role in welcoming new people to the Hridaya Community. The thoughtful and loving attitude of the Registration Assistants encourages more and more people to join Hridaya courses and begin to discover their Divine Essence. Though a paid position, the Registration Assistant performs her/his job in the spirit of karma yoga, selfless service for the benefit of others.
The Registration Assistant is responsible for providing friendly, welcoming, and efficient service to all Hridaya students. Working under the direction of the Registration Manager, the main tasks of the Registration Assistant involve booking students for courses, meals, and accommodation and responding promptly and courteously to other inquiries. The Registration Assistant aspires to live with an Open Heart and models the Hridaya Yoga attitudes when dealing with all members of the community.
- Receive new students by greeting them warmly, helping them go through the registration/payment process and accommodation check-in, and attending to their inquiries
- Administer all routes of reservations to ensure that bookings are made and recorded accurately and invoiced correctly
- Take payments from students and record them precisely in our accounting systems
- Ensure that all cancellations and refunds are processed efficiently
- Build good relationships with students and address any complaints in a courteous and caring manner
- Perform general office duties, including answering the telephone, responding to emails, filing, recording information in the database, restocking the shop, etc.
- Assist in keeping the Registration Kiosk clean and tidy at all times
- Maintain attendance records for courses and update the database with new student information and attendance data
- Keep an inventory of items in the shop and copies of printed course materials, communicating with the Registration Manager when these need to be replenished
- Assist in managing the school library, taking deposits and recording borrowed items
- Keep up-to-date with pricing, policies, and special offers to provide accurate information to students
- Communicate with the Kitchen Manager and/or Dining Room Staff in order to ensure proper booking of meals
- Be a resource for students in regards to orienting them to activities in the area and other logistics
- Maintain school notice boards to inform the whole community of upcoming events
- Assist the Marketing Department with campaigns related to new students
- Communicate effectively with the other members of the Registration Team and Hridaya Yoga Management and Staff
- At least 1 year of experience working the front desk at a hotel, spa, or equivalent
- Interest in practicing yoga and meditation and the desire to be a part of a blossoming spiritual community
- Willingness to make a 6-month minimum commitment
- Confident using Excel and other computer programs/online software for bookings and accounting (knowledge of particular software not needed, but the ability to quickly learn new things is essential)
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Proven customer service skills, a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to deal with complaints with love and detachment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- The ability to lead, follow, take initiative, and take direction and the discernment to know when each is appropriate
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- An interest in supporting the center as a place of retreat for yourself and others
- The ability to differentiate between your role in supporting the work of Hridaya Yoga and your own personal objectives
- A spirit of service, the ability to step up and perform whatever task is necessary for the good of the whole, the willingness to work flexible hours on occasion
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Responsible, trustworthy, patient, humble
- Open-hearted, communicative, personable, enthusiastic
- Aspiration, the commitment to your own spiritual transformation
- This is a full-time position (5-6 hours per day, 6 days per week)
$3,000 MXN per month plus meals (6 days per week). Participation in the Hridaya Yoga Retreat: Module 1 Intensive as well as one 10-day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat
After the successful completion of the initial 6-month commitment, the participation in an additional 10-day Hridaya Silent Meditation Retreat will be offered as a bonus.
To apply, please send your résumé or CV and a letter of intent describing how your skills align with the position to Uma Esmeralda at email@example.com.